The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Anyone familiar with "No Egg" egg bag from Robert Baxt? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Slymagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Slymagic
I came across Baxt's Bottle & Bag Baffler!: The "NO EGG" Egg Bag! a few days ago - http://www.robertbaxt.com/product_'No_Egg'_Egg_Bag.html

If you own this, could you post your thoughts?

Thank you,
Carl
Slymagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Slymagic
Any reviews on this?
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Very clever routine from Robert as always!

Dan.
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
496 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
I saw this performed by Robert at a lecture earlier in the year. With regard to the link to the site, what you see is what you get. If you like the video performance and read the accompanying text, there will be no surprises. The routine is not difficult to perform.
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Does anyone know if the is a Malini or Tarbell style bag?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2015, MVoss wrote:
Does anyone know if the is a Malini or Tarbell style bag?

Go up to the initial post and click on the link, you will see the bag in the pictures and in use on the video. It is a Crown Royal liquor bottle bag. The placement of the gimmick is immaterial.

From the video demo it looks like the material makes it difficult to maneuver the pill bottle about inside the bag. The production at the end, is weak due to not strong enough misdirection and routine.

Personally, I would pass on this creation, for the reasons I pointed out above.
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
I contacted Mr. Baxt and he was very helpful in answer the question.
robert_baxt
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, CA. USA
91 Posts

Profile of robert_baxt
For all interested: My egg bag (even though I use a pill bottle and not an egg with it) is neither a malini or tarbell style. The opening is in a position where it makes it extra invisible when the bag is shown inside out and allows the inside out bag to be clearly shown on both sides. The material is the actual soft purple fabric that the real "Crown Royal" whiskey bags are made from, as the bag is made from genuine "Crown Royal" bags! With the addition of the rattle/no rattle feature of the pill bottles, it adds a great extra element of proof that the pill bottle is really "gone" when the bag is shown empty! Smile Earlier this month at the TAOM Convention in Austin, Texas, I sold out of all I had with me as I ended my performance with it and went through all the details of it in my lecture. I only have a limited supply left as I don't sew, I have a little old lady who makes these for me and she has two speeds: Slow, and slower than that! Smile For my school and drug prevention shows, I find it's a perfect lesson to family audiences on how drinking (I pull a bottle out of the bag) and drugs (the pill bottle) can mess with your perceptions. I have done it at a facility for incarcerated teens in the juvenile penal system and the guards and administrators commented on how that routine hit the inmates right between the eyes.
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
I just got mine after emailing with Mr. Baxt and I'm thrilled. It is really just what I was looking for.
robert_baxt
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, CA. USA
91 Posts

Profile of robert_baxt
MVoss, thank you so much for your kind words!
"I just got mine after emailing with Mr. Baxt and I'm thrilled. It is really just what I was looking for. "
Please, may I quote you on that on my web page for the trick? I will attribute it to you and give you full credit of course!