The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Danny Orleans Aqua Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
Any reviews for these?
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2228 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I have a set of the original set..considering upgrading to the new set... awesome trick
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Danny Orleans
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago
119 Posts

Profile of Danny Orleans
Hello Ben and Mike: I have created AquaCups in anodized aluminum (GOLD OR SILVER) now available for the magic community. I have just started selling them at lectures and through my website http://www.dannyorleansmagic.com -- One customer was so thrilled that he ordered another set. I will encourage my customers to post their thoughts on this forum so you can make an informed decision as to whether your money will be well spent. Along with liquid, you can make salt, sprinkles, confetti or a bunch of half dollars pour out of the cups.
ProfW
View Profile
New user
Colorado
6 Posts

Profile of ProfW
I purchased Danny Archer's Aqua Cups at MITR. I got the silver set. The cups are really aluminum, very finely turned. I'm really very pleased with the Aqua Cuos. The gimmick is undetectable, and the cups are large enough to be seen by a fairly large audience (Archer demonstrated them before a crowd of about 300 at MITR). The instructions are clear, as is the online video. Archer's demo at MITR so surprised the magician audience that he got applause. Bottom line: I like 'em. Go get a set.
Lloyd Worley
Buster Balloon
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Buster Balloon
I just got my Aqua Cups from Danny Orleans last week and am VERY happy with them. The cups themselves are beautiful made and the patter that he provides with them is fantastic. This is one of those beautiful, theatrical moments that combines strong magic with a lovely presentation will make your audiences hearts melt. Absolutely wonderful.
Buster Balloon
Creative Genius, Balloon Twisting Savant, & Pre-Sweetened Breakfast Cereal Connoisseur
http://BusterBalloon.com
David Seebach
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of David Seebach
I was so impressed by Danny Orleans' Aqua Cups when I saw him present it during his lecture that I made sure I received one of the very first sets. It's practical and oh-so-easy to perform. This mystery is a very effective routine for a brief interlude in a show; close-up or platform/cabaret. Danny's patter is fine for children, but equally appropriate for an all-adult crowd. It's just a GREAT magic trick!
Philippe le Magicien
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Philippe le Magicien
I own 3 Danny Orleans 's AQUA CUPS. I bought one from him. I liked it so much that I wanted to buy more. There were sold out but I managed to buy 2 more with scholastic liquid magic set. This trick is a gem. This is invincible magic because it is simple to do, it hold in a pocket, it can be done surrounded, it can be repeat when you don't drink the liquid. You can present it to children or adult with the same success. I found that it is a very good alternative to produce a cup of liquid. I bought a fourth set in metal gold. There are a little bit bigger. There will fit better in a jacket pocket than trouser pocket. The quality is excellent. The small cups could also be use to do a mini cups & balls. This was a very good investment and I am really happy with it.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I like this.Very neat effect..
Todd
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Regular user
Down Yonder
190 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
Great routine and a great set of cups. I use the effect for kids show and couldn't be happier. I also like the cups and balls feature on the cups. Highly recommended
robermagic
View Profile
New user
South Florida
9 Posts

Profile of robermagic
Danny Orleans' Aqua Cups is a winner on so many levels. Lots of great points on the previous points. Well made professional cups, fantastic routine and patter, clear & concise instructions. Had to own a second set after receiving my first set of cups last week! Much thanks to Danny for upgrading and bringing this to market to the magi community.
Rober
lands10
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lands10
I just received my Aqua Cups from Danny and I'm totally pleased. When I first saw his Aqua cups performance it was with the original plastic version and he promised a metal version in the future. Well they are here and they look great. There is no doubt about the quality of the product. They look good and feel good in your hands. They feel like quality. The routine is a nice interlude routine and you will not be ashamed using these props. I own the original plastic version and ordered the new metal ones. I'm so impressed with the new metal cups I'm going to get a set in each color.
JL608
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of JL608
Except for the new aluminum cups, is the method the same as the original version which I believe was created by Werry and sold in the '70s by Tannens and Supreme Magic? I always thought it was an overlooked fooler.

Glad someone is making a nice version.

Joe
Danny Orleans
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago
119 Posts

Profile of Danny Orleans
Joe: The answer to your question is YES. As a matter of fact, I recently learned that Werry actually owned a plastic injection mold machine, so he probably made them himself! I bought my first set in the 70s at Tannens, myself. One advantage of the larger cups is that you can make up to 8 half dollars appear, pouring them from one cup to another, after showing all cups empty. I will be posting video of me demonstrating the new anodized aluminum cups soon on http://www.dannyorleansmagic.com -- They will soon be available in Silver as well as Gold. If you'll be at Magi-Fest in late January, you'll see me perform the trick at the lecture on "The Art of Presenting Magic to Children."
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1545 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Just ordered a set of these and will work on using items other than liquids. Danny I am curious on how you use the coins for these? Is that in the instructions?
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Danny Orleans
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago
119 Posts

Profile of Danny Orleans
Quote:
On 2014-01-12 21:15, magicbyswh wrote:
Just ordered a set of these and will work on using items other than liquids. Danny I am curious on how you use the coins for these? Is that in the instructions?
Steve

Steve: You can load a whole lot of small coins in the gimmick and show all three cups completely empty, then pour out a shower of shiny coins from one cup into another. You can fit up to 8 American half dollars in there too. That suggestion will be included in the online instructions. Virtually anything that will fit in the gimmick can be produced (coins, sprinkles, salt, any liquid, confetti, one large ball bearing equal in diameter to a half dollar.)

These are now available in Silver as well as Gold. Silver will be posted on the website shortly, but you can order silver now, just by sending me an email indicating preference as you place your order.
magicbillk
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of magicbillk
Hey all! I received my AquaCups as part of my Christmas presents, and couldn't wait to start performing them! I have used them in every one of my stand-up, and most of my close-up performances since Christmas, and let me tell you.... These things are sure-fire winners. The gimmick is undetectable, the quality of the cups are superb, and given your performance style and story, the routine adds a certain charm to you as a performer.

The AquaCups travelled with me this past week when I went to the Magic Castle and performed at the W.C. Fields bar. No one sees it coming, and when the effect finally hits you, BAM.... It's a true mind melter. I HIGHLY recommend Danny Orlean's AquaCups.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." -Dunninger

www.magicbillk.com
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1246 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On 2014-01-22 11:48, magicbillk wrote:
Hey all! I received my AquaCups as part of my Christmas presents, and couldn't wait to start performing them! I have used them in every one of my stand-up, and most of my close-up performances since Christmas, and let me tell you.... These things are sure-fire winners. The gimmick is undetectable, the quality of the cups are superb, and given your performance style and story, the routine adds a certain charm to you as a performer.

The AquaCups travelled with me this past week when I went to the Magic Castle and performed at the W.C. Fields bar. No one sees it coming, and when the effect finally hits you, BAM.... It's a true mind melter. I HIGHLY recommend Danny Orlean's AquaCups.

Nice meeting you last week at the Castle. Wish I could have caught your shows, but my schedule wouldn't permit. See you at Abbotts in August.

Ken
Danny Orleans
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago
119 Posts

Profile of Danny Orleans
SILVER AquaCups are now available. So now you have a choice: SILVER or GOLD. The silver ones are available at http://www.dannyorleansmagic.com/magic-products/aquacups_-_silver_anodized_metal. You can see the new trailer in which I perform the routine all the way through without any cuts or editing on the site. Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1545 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Danny will you be posting any videos using coins? Please post a video of something other than liquid.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Danny Orleans
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago
119 Posts

Profile of Danny Orleans
For those of you interested in how AquaCups might look producing coins, a magician in Florida posted this video. I believe he is producing 10 gold dollars which are a bit smaller than American half dollars. I have discovered that if you load 7 - 8 half dollars into the gimmick so they are perpendicular to the bottom of the gimmick, then they will "wedge" in place, allowing you to turn the gimmick (hidden in the top cup) upside down for a final "prove that the cups are empty." Then by tapping th ecups together, the wedge coins will release and fall out. I actually prefer "pouring" them from one cup to another or into a spectator's hand

The video is HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdxg4vja......be_gdata