The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: SnowStorm By Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jolan Vanderdark
View Profile
New user
The Brownsville City Morgue
54 Posts

Profile of Jolan Vanderdark
Could anyone give this Sankey effect a review
So I can make a better decision. Thank You.

The Effect
You make a quick sketch of a “snowflake globe” across the face of a SIGNED card. You give the card a brisk shake and the snowflakes come to life scattering across the face of the globe! You give the card one final shake and the snowflakes VISIBLY arrange themselves into the number and suit of a previously selected card!

The signed card may be handed out for examination. This card trick is easy to learn and resets in seconds.

What You Get

The secret
Detailed instructions
Specially printed cards
Everything you need to perform this unique and amazing effect.

Manufacturer Says
Created by Jay and his friend Richard Sanders, this trick is taking the magic world by storm! A card is selected and returned to the pack. The magician then has a second card selected and SIGNED(!). Across the face of this second card, the magician makes a quick sketch of a "snowflake globe". He then gives the signed card a brisk shake and the snowflakes literally come to life, SCATTERING THROUGHOUT THE GLOBE! The magician gives the face-up card a final brisk shake and (as unbelievable as it sounds) the snowflakes visibly ARRANGE THEMSELVES into the number and suit of a previously selected card! The signed card is then handed-out for examination! Talk about a reputation-maker! This easy-to-learn effect resets in seconds and comes complete with specially printed cards.

FAQ
Q: How long will it take me to master this effect?
A: A half hour.

Smile
Yes....Eventually you will come to me.

And Ohhh...What Sights I Have To Show You!!
clui
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of clui
Sounds really cool to me, and definately would not mind getting it.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi Jolan,
It looks like you are getting the Sankey virus. It is contageous you know. Smile

Well you can see an online demo at http://www.penguinmagic.com . I know how it is done but I will buy it just the same. As with all of Sankey's stuff, it is simple, but strong and visual. Who doesn't agree with me. Smile Raise your hands.

I like all of Sankey's stuff. But it would be better to get the video for Leaving Home, as for double the price you get much much more. And believe me you would want to try out nearly everything in there.

Even for Air thight. It is found on his book Sankey Pankey.

Get Sankeytized,
Ivan Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

Profile of Brandon Harper
I am a huge fan of Jay Sankey, but I have to say that this is not one of my favorite Sankey effects. You are far better off to invest in Sankey-tized I or II. Better effects, plain and simple. Don't get me wrong, it is not a bad trick, but Jay has many more effects that surpass this one. Just my opinion.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I personally have used this effect and find it to be killer! There is a bit of a set up, but the overall effect is great, and it is especially appropriate during this winter season. Fits in real nice with the theme of Christmas and weather, etc.

Reccomended.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Snowstorm is a short and direct trick that will never fail to impress your audience ( meaning if you do everything correctly). However, some setup is involved, but the effect it puts on the spectators kind of cancels the setup time. You learn a great color change and get a full instruction (patter) with it.
Although I don't see myself doing this trick anytime right now (because I hate setups) but this is a great trick that I think you should enjoy.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You are correct. there is some set up involved, and if you haven't performed the effect for a while, you can easily forget the set up, because it has to be very exact or the trick will flop. But that is not a con in my opinion, because I don't mind setting up for a good kill in most effects.

At least ,if I have the time.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I just watched the video demo. Looked like one DL too many for my tastes. I,ll stick with Sankeys " In A Flash" which I love.
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Anyone who understands a few basic card sleights and knows how to draw can do this on thier own after watching the demo.

S. Patrick
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Well, the purchasing of the trick will give you a lot of things you may not get on your own.
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
This is true....

Plus, I think that Sankey deserve that you buy is trick and not copy it....

Devilix
eggshell
View Profile
Regular user
Chorley, England
146 Posts

Profile of eggshell
Isn't this just a rehash of One Car Garage ?
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
Due to the set-up the effect isn't really one which us would use as a walk-about effect, but it is a killer. Jay is one of these guys that catches and keeps your attention, I've bought some of his stuff from penguin before and I've completely died with it, even using the same patter. Watch his demo video, the patter is great

Dizzy
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
It has nothing to do with One Car Garage.
Yours,

Ivan
eggshell
View Profile
Regular user
Chorley, England
146 Posts

Profile of eggshell
By that I meant isn't it the same principle whereby a card picked by a spectator and signed by then actually becomes animated. There's a colour change in there as a means of doing the animation but essentially it is much the same effect.

I find Sankey's patter to be irritating in the extreme but that is a personal choice.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
If you are going to do this effect I think it looks better to use the "shapeshifter" change as opposed to the one Mr. Sankey teaches for this effect. Just my two cents...

P.S. If you have not seen Sankey's "Oh my God" video, you don't know what you are missing!
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Quote:
On 2005-01-01 22:38, spatrick wrote:
Anyone who understands a few basic card sleights and knows how to draw can do this on thier own after watching the demo.

S. Patrick

And not only do you get the trick free, you get the satisfaction of ripping off the inventor also. Well done Spatrick!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
First of all, One Car Garage does not use a color change, although this one does. Check the demo for the former at http://www.elmwoodmagic.com

Secondly, the shake change is best for this, since a snow globe is usually shaken to make the snow fall.
Yours,

Ivan
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Ixnay66,

Excuse me for not rushing right out and purchasing every Sankey effect out on the market. I just think that this is one of his not as godd effects. he has made some winners in the past, but this is not one of them.

By the way, if you check the reciepts, I did purchase this effect. I did not steal it. I am fully qualified to review it.

All I am saying is that I don't think allot of thought went into creating this one. Anyone who has a working knowledge of card moves can come up with this premise on thier own. I did not imply that you should rip off anyone.

S. Patrick
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Sankey rocks....