The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Psychokinetic touches..... :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Florian Rago
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincolnshire
202 Posts

Profile of Florian Rago
I've heard alot about this.
How much does it cost
Is it totally improptu or does it require some pre-preperation
Is it a good effect, I saw it on Derren Brown's show and it was awsome but is the marketed version the same

Thanks

Florian Smile
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
There are many threads discussing this effects, do a search. I do not own the effect myself but I'm considering buying it. It's not expensive, I think is about $10.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
hello Trow,
The "Banacheck" version is different from Derren Brown's.
However, the seated spectator does appear to feel "spirit taps" when the performer simultaneously taps another spectator...how strange!
I have this item for trade if you wish - Wulfie
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
Psychokinetic Touches is only for the serious performer: it won't appeal to everyone. But for the right person it's brilliant.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
I just order it...curiosity is killing me Smile

Smile
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1365 Posts

Profile of bekralik
>I just order it...curiosity is killing
>me Smile

That's what got me to order it, too, but it's very much a presentational effect, and as such, I really won't use it.

It does stimulate the mind to consider other possibilities using the same method (or wishing that somebody would come up with a different method that I could use).
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
I knew it was mostly a presentational effect when I order it...but curiosity is still killing me
I hope I'll use it...even if only between friends

Smile
John Kokot
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of John Kokot
Last year my wife, daughter and I attended Marc Salem's Off-Broadway show in New York. He selected my wife and me to assist him in what turned out to be a "psychokinetic touches" routine.

Unless he can really read minds, he didn't know I am an aficionado of magic and mentalism. If he had, I doubt he would chosen us. (Then again, maybe he is genuinely telepathic and knew that despite my well-read library of magic and mentalism books, I remain one of the easiest people on earth to fool!)

I have since learned the Banachek and Brown methods, but at that time I was unfamiliar with them. In this case my ignorance was indeed blissful, because had I known the method I wouldn't have had the wonderful experience of being totally bamboozled by Salem's excellent presentation.

And it wasn't just me. The audience reacted strongly, as did my wife and teenaged daughter (who are both far less gullible than I).

A word of caution. It requires boldness and confidence. In print, it's the kind of effect that it easy to dismiss. Many people -- perhaps myself included -- will quickly conclude that they could never get away with it. But once you pull it off, I suspect you'll never want to give it up.

My previous message contained an inadvertent but, nevertheless, outright error. I have not "learned" the Derren Brown psychokinetic-touch method. Nor do I have any knowledge of it at all. My apologies to anyone who was misled by my mistake. Sometimes the typing fingers and the mind do not work in unison.
John
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of John
Does the Derren Brown method available to the public? Is it significantly different from the Banachek?
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
yeah, that's exactly what i was wondering... it sonds pretty interesting... i have banchek's version... and it kills...
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
Garrett Nelson
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Garrett Nelson
Hmmm. This might be a good question for Banachek in a couple weeks when he is the guest here.

I bet he has some interesting thoughts on the matter.

-Garrett
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of Lior
Hello again
The Derren Brown effect and method as seen om MC3 are mine.
I invented the effect many years ago/
It was published in the Mesika book.
where is Max when I need him for the credits

Lior Manor
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016