The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Biro/Porper “Just-in-Case” and “Just-a-Key”. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
My reason for purchasing this version of a Key Flight may be a bit different than some. As my eyesight has all but gone, the thought of crawling around on my hands and knees to look for someone’s ring, made me very uncomfortable.

I have never lost a ring (or a stone) from ring flight, but the idea that a costly ring was, in reality) out of my control for a few seconds, made me stop doing the trick for the past year.

Let me tell you what my presentation is:
I tell my small audience that I am working on a trick that well cause a ring to “magically open up, and latch onto another object.”

I then take out a Key Case (Just-a-Key) handing it to someone and ask them to drop it on the table telling them that this is a key to my front door. Inside that door, at there disposal, is a bag of unmarked bills, 17 of them, one dollar bills. (There is really no heat on the key at that time and it stands up to any visual scrutiny.)

I say “If I fail to do this magical “latching on” trick, the key is theirs.”
Note: This routine is meant to be a somewhat humorous one, but very strong.

I put the Key Case into my shirt pocket and ask them for the Ring “that I am going to magically open and have attach itself to something” This phrase is deliberately repeated often.

I now take the ring, and as they give it to me, I reach into my pocket and remove a large Hack Saw Blade and drop it on the table. I now give them a two foot thin rope to hold stretched out. My hands drop below the table (with their ring and the saw) as I instruct (over instruct) them in how to hold the rope.

My hands come back up with their ring in sight on my finger as I ask the some trivial things about the ring as I replace (drop) the hack saw blade back on the table. I want them, at this point to see that the fing is still there, but (may, or may not, have a cut sawed into the unseen side.

I transfer the ring to my other hand and immediately grab onto the rope with that “ring holding” hand. I tell them that I think the “magical attaching” is happening.

Now, I noticeably look away with confidence from the hand on the rope saying “now, the ring has magically attached itself. I look at each person present, specifically without looking at the KEY that is now on the rope, and say, “pretty impressive right, a ring on the rope.

I finally look at the “mistake” and say “that looks like my house key.” As I reach into my pocket for the key case I shake it and say, “but the key is still in the case, how can that be.”

As I turn the case over, the ring drops out, Hanging on to the short key chain, where the key was last seen.

I have done this five performances without a hitch, I am very pleased. This can also be done with all the “dirty work” under cover of a cloth hanging over the rope. However, since I now work mostly sitting at a table, “lapping” the dirty work is unnoticed and natural looking.

There is no heat on my hands as the hands dropping out of sight is ostensibly to cover what my be some sawing. I even do some sawing type movements.

This is not a cheap trick, but for me as soon as I saw the workmanship I felt that the price was justified. I do not hand the key out after the trick.

Bob
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Great approach with the saw blade. It always pleases us when someone comes up with a new handling or premise. Glad you are satisfied. And especially you, as I know your situation. Again, thanks.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Wellington-

Thanks for sharing your detailed routine. Sounds very nice. I'm sure you get great reactions with it.

Cheers,

Tiki