The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Child's Play ...similar to Charles Gauci effect ??????? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Child's Play ...similar to Charles Gauci effect ???????

Anyone could comment ???

Read on Hocus Pocus website :

"Child's Play

Intoducing an electronic effect with TONS of applications, and it's anything BUT child's play!
Effect:
No matter how they try to hide it, the magician always knows which hand contains a small Listerine mint packet.
The magician asks if anyone played the game when they were children in which a friend was asked to place an item in one of their hands, and you had to guess which hand held the object. Then the magician explains that he got so good at guessing which hand was holding the object that his friends wouldn't play the game with him anymore.
The magician discovered at an early age that he was able to detect body language and subtle differences to get his guess correct every time. This is the same method used today in lie detectors. By asking just a question or two, the magician can tell which hand holds an object. Or by taking their pulse, the magician can tell which hand contains the object. The magician takes an everyday object from his pocket (a Listerine mints packet) and asks the spectator to place the packet in one of their hands behind their back. Then they bring both hands forward, and the spectator is asked to turn them fist up.
To make sure the magician can't see their hand it is covered with a napkin or cloth (not included). The magician asks a few questions and can immediately tell which hand has the packet. The magician explains he would like to demonstrate this phenomenon again. The spectator is again asked to hide the object in a hand behind their back as before. This time the magician asks the spectator to bring their hands out palm down, and the magician will take their pulse. Again, the magician is correct. The game can go on and on, and the magician will always be correct.
Child's Play comes complete with everything you need to perform, including the special gimmicks and detailed instructions."
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Hmmm...this looks cool. Any reviews yet?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I should have it by friday.I'll post a review.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Cool! Look forward to it. It's interesting that an electronic effect is priced this low.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
If I remember correctly, the Gauci method wasnt electronic. Seems this is another way of doing the same effect with different props, just electronically.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of 1908
I believe that you can do the same with Leyser 2020...Let me know if I am wrong...
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
There are several methods to acheive the 50/50 effect.

Gaucci's method, Leyser, Child's Play, etc, etc, etc.

My question is simple:

Why spend absurd amounts of money to acheive such a simple effect? Sure, Gaucci's original was pricey too, but I mean, will spectators REALLY remember the extremely MINOR handling variants? Probably not.

Again, just my two cents, and for the record, I don't like the effect at all, so I don't use ANY of the currently available methods. Perhaps my mind will change, IF I can ever think up/develop a routine that works for me.

Sean
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
IMO Banacheks Ring of Truth is one of the best versions of this effect.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Reviews yet?
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Is it an ELECTRONIC device as advertised or otherwise mechanical ????? Any info???
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Electronic.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood