The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Call Of The Wild, Printing, Blink and some others. Review Request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
techneeqs
View Profile
Regular user
Ontario, Canada
105 Posts

Profile of techneeqs
Blink - by JB magic
Deja Vu Deck by David Regal
Call Of The Wild by John Bannon
Dominique Duvivier's PRINTING Video & Cards

Anyone try any of those? and if so how are they?
Is there any other tricks that are simalar to any of those that are maybe more worth my time in getting?

THanks to everyone that replys

Shaun
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
I made my own Deja Vu Deck after watching Regal's video, it's a great effect. Easy to do and I have been getting fantastic reactions. One of his best creations.

Call of the Wild is an effect I picked up a long time ago and haven't used much. I know magicians who like it a lot but I can't recommend it since I have not used it extensively.

Finally, Duvivier's Printing is pretty neat. Vinsmagic showed me the effect last week and I thought it was a well constructed routine. I know Daryl has a similar effect sold on his website, but I can't comment on that one since I've never seen it.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Deja Vu Deck is a really strong effect that makes a great opener -- someone just thinks of a card, and it's the only printed card in an otherwise blank deck. It's easy to do (no nerves), resets easily, and is inexplicable. Great trick!

Call of the Wild is a wild card effect with a story line -- a contest between magician and gambler -- and so it provides entertainment and a reason for the wild card plot. That said, I don't do it much -- aversion to packet tricks, I guess.

Jerry
techneeqs
View Profile
Regular user
Ontario, Canada
105 Posts

Profile of techneeqs
So if I get the David Regal DVDs will it teach me to do the deja vu trick? I don't want to get his DVDs plus his trick if I don't need to.

Please let me know what I'll need to buy along with the David Regal DVDs to do this effect without purchasing the trick also.

Thanks
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2002-09-24 22:44, techneeqs wrote:
So if I get the David Regal DVDs will it teach me to do the deja vu trick? I don't want to get his DVDs plus his trick if I don't need to.

Please let me know what I'll need to buy along with the David Regal DVDs to do this effect without purchasing the trick also.

Thanks
You'll need to make up a complete gaffed deck for "deja vu". Probably easier to buy it already made from a dealer. Very good effect. Would be slightly more difficult to do without wearing a jacket...
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
lmrmagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of lmrmagic
here is a video demo of printing:

http://www.ronjo.com/video_demos.htm