The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Sealed in - Alex Ward - Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I have this DVD, and I like the effect. The big problem for me though, is I have been unable to locate a bottle that I can get to work. I have tried a few different brands, and I have given up. Anyone in the US know of brand that works for sure?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Can I ask what you mean by problems...i have never found a problem yet with finding a bottle, then again, I don't live in the states
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Finding a bottle that allows the cap to be removed without completely destroying it Smile I have tried all of their suggestions, but so far, nothing works.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2885 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On 2007-07-10 02:26, MagicMan1957 wrote:
Am I imagining it or is the bonus coin effect the EXACT same thing as STUCK by Greg Rostami?

Yes, the bonus coin trick in Alex Ward’s “Sealed In” is exactly the same method as STUCK!

Many people from The Magic Café have contacted me about this matter. To be honest with you, I really don’t know what to do about it. Am I to assume that Alex Ward has maliciously stolen my idea, or is this just one of those “I should have done my research before I released”?

Any advise guys? Does anyone know how I can contact Alex Ward about this?
Greg Rostami
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Greg, I feel for you mate. Try via his website, I guess. No idea what to think about that, my friend, but I suppose it has to be approached cautiously, without any hasty accusations. Good luck with it.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
The idea of where you hide the coin is not new, you must know that guys. So then it is a case of, what do you do...Greg came up with a great solution and a brilliant effect. Just because Alex uses the same method to help the effect, he still presents and performs it different. No one can prove Alex has seen Greg's effect, as I said, the method is no new, just be careful with accusations as I'm sure you would anyway
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
illusiOHN
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of illusiOHN
Christopher Williams,

Without exposure, certain characteristics of the bottle are required.

In the US, I've had trouble finding bottles that will work. I've found plenty that will work for one phase, but not the other phases, and vice versa.

Apparently, people also have no problems finding good bottles in Canada.

Without access to the right bottles, it is tough to prepare for a performance and almost impossible to do completely impromptu.

Again, I'm referring to Aquatic...which people have posted shares similarities with Sealed In.
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
So far the DVD has been worthless as I have been unable to locate a bottle that this works with. Anyone performing in the US that can let me know what type of bottle you are using. Thanks.
Knarild
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Knarild
The bonus coin effect is the closed to a steal I have seen. Stuck was among the best impromptu coin tricks of 2006. Impossible not to have heard about it. At least the publisher of this dvd should know and warn him or ask him to give credit to Greg.