The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: '52-On-1 Card Miracle' by Dick Barry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
magicden
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
103 Posts

Profile of magicden
Was a bit dissapointed with the cards you receive, the cards in the wallets that is, mine were not put together too good and I will have to buy other cards proper ones { trying not to tip anything }.
Overall a good effect but with proper cards could be better.
cheers
denny
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
I would like to know more about the pocket managment part...could anyone say more without tipping it? Only 1 pocket is used all the time? As the demo video?
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5447 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Magicden sorry to hear that your cards weren't up to snuff! You should have emailed Dick. He would have sent replacement cards right away! He works to keep his customers happy.

I have used my set for about 300 performances and everything is still intact and in good condition.

Card Freakhk one pocket is all that is needed. I use a jacket pocket.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Just picked this up - Cant wait for it to get here........Is this simular to the f***e used in John Allens silent treatment??
' I just cant wait lol
Regards
Ash
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
I can tell you this is one of my all time buys. When I first looked at it I wasn't sure but figured I'd carry it around a few days. I carry this everywhere I go now. Luckily at my family Christmas party I had this. I was called upon to do an impromptu performance in front of the whole family and this sure didn't let them down. Thanks Dick B.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
What % do you guys have to use 'handling 2'The trick in my view in amazing if allowed to present handling 1!!
I have not performed this live yet, so does it lose amazement value if you have to go to handling 2!

those who have this will understand what seems to be complete rubbish!! lol
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
I am at about 50%. I play this as a comedy routine if I resort to part 2 and it has always got a huge laugh.
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
I am still thinking of this one....... too many things to perform one card trick.... anybody with me?
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-01-29 15:58, TheTableTopTrixta wrote:
What % do you guys have to use 'handling 2'The trick in my view in amazing if allowed to present handling 1!!
I have not performed this live yet, so does it lose amazement value if you have to go to handling 2!

It's about 90% for me.. I had to use handling 2 once and it became more of a comedy mind reading for the 2nd spec. However, it does seem the 1st spec was sort of ignored.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Blondin
View Profile
New user
Oxford, England
61 Posts

Profile of Blondin
Quote:
On 2008-01-31 19:28, evolve629 wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-01-29 15:58, TheTableTopTrixta wrote:

It's about 90% for me.. I had to use handling 2 once and it became more of a comedy mind reading for the 2nd spec. However, it does seem the 1st spec was sort of ignored.

You don't have to use a second spectator! Why not use the fallback handling using the original spectator?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5447 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Like Blondin, I only use the one spectator. I never even thought to use a second one, why? I believe the joke works better AND the magic finale is stronger when you stick to using just the one. Structurally, you'll get a bigger WOW as you conclude the trick.

Even if the card named is present for the first reveal, I don't make it a big thing (go out of my way to show the audience it is there). I use the card as situational humor. The ending and "POW" of the trick is when the card comes from my pocket.

By the way, I use Steven Tucker's "WOW" wallet for this. It allows me to hand the card out to the spectator. Those of you who have the routine know what I'm talking about. I have my contact information on the card. I like this trick so much that I have taken it the extra (and really unnecessary) mile to make it my own. I'm sharing it here knowing that most won't want to go the extra expense to buy a prop that costs more than the original trick! Hey if you have the props lying around why not use them?
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-02-02 10:47, Harry Murphy wrote:
Like Blondin, I only use the one spectator. I never even thought to use a second one, why? I believe the joke works better AND the magic finale is stronger when you stick to using just the one. Structurally, you'll get a bigger WOW as you conclude the trick.

Even if the card named is present for the first reveal, I don't make it a big thing (go out of my way to show the audience it is there). I use the card as situational humor. The ending and "POW" of the trick is when the card comes from my pocket.

By the way, I use Steven Tucker's "WOW" wallet for this. It allows me to hand the card out to the spectator. Those of you who have the routine know what I'm talking about. I have my contact information on the card. I like this trick so much that I have taken it the extra (and really unnecessary) mile to make it my own. I'm sharing it here knowing that most won't want to go the extra expense to buy a prop that costs more than the original trick! Hey if you have the props lying around why not use them?

Thank you for pointing this out to me! I'm so appreciative and happy to have the professional like you to share your insight to show how savvy this effect is. I'm going to look into Steven Tucker's WOWallet too Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
314 Posts

Profile of A.J.
Harry,
Any details you could share regarding the "Wow" wallet? Does anyone still sell it?

Thanks,
A.J.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5447 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
A.J. I can't go into my handling details here because it would tip Dick's trick. However, I PMed you a handling note and the site needed if interested.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I just recently found this in a drawer. Two questions, one, what has happened to Dick and his website and are people still using this.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Dick Barry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Dick Barry
Steven and others,

Yes, I am still alive and making magic. I have closed my web site and all my magic items are carried by Paul Gross at Hocus-Pocus Magic in Fresno, California. I still make the 52-on1 Card Miracle and many other items.
Check out my special section called Dick Barry's Magic at Hocus-Pocus. Thanks for thinking of me.
Dick Barry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Dick Barry
Steven and others,

Yes, I am still alive and making magic. I have closed my web site and all my magic items are carried by Paul Gross at Hocus-Pocus Magic in Fresno, California. I still make the 52-on1 Card Miracle and many other items.
Check out my special section called Dick Barry's Magic at Hocus-Pocus. Thanks for thinking of me.