The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: INSIDER by Marck Oberon (123 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6781 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2021, Drtriage wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2021, Nathan Alexander wrote:
So obviously we can get cheap refills of that kind/size of index card, but what about simply cutting our own?

For that matter, if I had a stack banded together like that, I might have some facing each direction, so the blank side on back for example for drawing dupes.

Do I have this right? We can get cheap 3x5's and make our own no problem?

Yes, no problem!

You could certainly cut your own but the lines may not line up or be as dark as the supplied cards. This may not be an issue to you, especially if you always keep enough of the original cards mixed in amongst those you cut yourself, but something to be aware of.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2042 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Okay, yeah. I ask because I make notes constantly and an always carrying a stack around. Just without the rubber band. So this is so organic for me.

Here's the wad in my pocket right now. 😆
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wq7kU373btrxfkKX8
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6781 Posts

Profile of videoman
If you wanted to avoid buying refills or cutting your own I believe Marc mentions using a borrowed business card which I think would be totally workable if you framed it as having a connection to them by being a personal item of theirs.

Hand them an index card from your stack and then “on second thought” ask if they have a business card and if they do use that. Granted, it would be better to use your own biz card and leave it with them, but as Jared pointed out and I agree, that may seem odd as to why you have a stack of index cards.

If I were a full time pro I’d consider having business cards designed and printed to hide the gaffus and commission Marc to make it up for me using my cards.

In any event I think this is a great release. Marc ticked a lot of boxes with this especially by being able to have multiple pieces of information written on the card and being able to re-peek or even stare as needed, while continually nonchalantly showing both sides of the stack. That is HUGE to me.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3269 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2021, videoman wrote:
If you wanted to avoid buying refills or cutting your own I believe Marc mentions using a borrowed business card which I think would be totally workable if you framed it as having a connection to them by being a personal item of theirs.

Hand them an index card from your stack and then “on second thought” ask if they have a business card and if they do use that. Granted, it would be better to use your own biz card and leave it with them, but as Jared pointed out and I agree, that may seem odd as to why you have a stack of index cards.

If I were a full time pro I’d consider having business cards designed and printed to hide the gaffus and commission Marc to make it up for me using my cards.

In any event I think this is a great release. Marc ticked a lot of boxes with this especially by being able to have multiple pieces of information written on the card and being able to re-peek or even stare as needed, while continually nonchalantly showing both sides of the stack. That is HUGE to me.

I used to carry something like this daily. IF the index cards fit, you could pop a few out and work from there. Just a thought. Plus it would keep card edges from getting messed up
loeld
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of loeld
Just bought it and I think it is just great!
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
571 Posts

Profile of dvno
I hope Marc will ship soon. Can’t wait
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2848 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Looking forward to INSIDER shipping! To see the details of how (and how well) this works before making the decision to buy, is a very refreshing experience. I wasn't too familiar with Marc Oberon prior to this release, and am now very interested in his other work.
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I am huge fan of Marc Oberon, his way of thinking and his excellent products ( I own and use many of them ). Being a peek devices addict, picking up Insider was a no brainer for me. I Look forward to playing with it and hopefully taking it out to gigs again rather sooner than laters.
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
I agree with stunninger above. I have bought this on the basis of seeing the gimmick on Luke Dancy’s session.I like the honesty. It reminds of Propdog in England and how open they are with their products.
I met Marc at FISM in Beijing many moons ago and he made us Brits proud, as his performance was amazing, but what a lovely fellow too.
Looking forward to playing with this until us magi are unleashed again onto the public, and we can use this at gigs.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1150 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Glad we could help!

Quote:
On Mar 27, 2021, Khuluma wrote:
I agree with stunninger above. I have bought this on the basis of seeing the gimmick on Luke Dancy’s session.I like the honesty. It reminds of Propdog in England and how open they are with their products.
I met Marc at FISM in Beijing many moons ago and he made us Brits proud, as his performance was amazing, but what a lovely fellow too.
Looking forward to playing with this until us magi are unleashed again onto the public, and we can use this at gigs.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
The moment I seen how this works I made my preorder purchase. Excited.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Preordered INSIDER last week. I've been looking for an alternative to my peek wallet, and this seems perfect. I really appreciated Luke's conversation with Marc. Thanks to both of you!
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Luke, Marc, or anyone: do you know when "refills" will be available?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2415 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey guys.

I sat down with Marc and did a mini interview. He talks about the effect and why it’s better than anything else on the market.

I then review the product. I talk about the pros and cons. I also perform two routines with it AND share an idea that you can use it for that is totally different than any other peek device you have ever seen.

If you own the insider you will want to see my handling. And if you are unsure then hopefully my honest review will help you decide.

Here’s the link. Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/nGw1QzoVTy8
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6781 Posts

Profile of videoman
I perform a few of Marc’s creations. He’s a brilliant thinker but in addition to that he is such a warm and likable person that he would no doubt be a successful entertainer if all his repertoire consisted of was the French drop and pulling coins from behind people’s ears.

Add phenomenal magic to go along with his charm and humor and it’s no wonder he’s been a highly sought after performer for years.

Already pre-ordered this. Couldn’t resist the temptation of such a clever and extremely useful tool. If you want to obtain several pieces of information rather than just one then Insider is what you need.

But PS—-it’s great for getting just one too!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2848 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Hey guys.

I sat down with Marc and did a mini interview. He talks about the effect and why it’s better than anything else on the market.

I then review the product. I talk about the pros and cons. I also perform two routines with it AND share an idea that you can use it for that is totally different than any other peek device you have ever seen.

If you own the insider you will want to see my handling. And if you are unsure then hopefully my honest review will help you decide.

Here’s the link. Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/nGw1QzoVTy8

Great interview! Love the long form style that goes a little deep into the specific reasons why Marc challenged himself to create INSIDER, and the problems he was striving to solve. Love your honest review, too!
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Fantastic interview and very helpful review. And your handling is great. Thank you, Craig. I am very glad I purchased this. I hope it ships today!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6781 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2021, Marc Edgar wrote:
Fantastic interview and very helpful review. And your handling is great. Thank you, Craig. I am very glad I purchased this. I hope it ships today!

Mine shipped first thing this morning so likely that all pre-orders went out too.
westo
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of westo
Yup...I believe Alaķazam shipped today..
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Like others here, I purchased this after seeing the method in Luke's interview of Marc. I mention this to encourage other creators to do the same.