The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: On Thin Air Levitation **WOW** (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2004-06-05 10:47, MagicChris wrote:
Sounds like FLoat-Ease is the clear winner of all the floating effects.

Chris, show us a demo vid of 'FLoat-Ease' and we will tell you which effect is a winner! Smile

CHEERS!!
Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
How would we know if Float-Ease is the "clear winner"? Aside from your blatant advertising, I mean. There's still no video of a Float-Ease performance. I've yet to see a thorough comparative analysis between this product and the other products mentioned.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Corey is right when he said that OTA has a smaller surface to balance on then the Elevator. OTA works for me really well. It only needs to be practiced with to get the knack of doing it.

You can also make your own gimmick to the size that you want. If people like this idea then I will sell the CD and book as a package and then it will be up to you to make your own gimmick.

Float Ease may be the winner of all the floating effects! If it is then sign me up! But, I think that I would have waited before I made a claim sure as this.

Ray
http://www.OnThinAirLevitation.com
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Chris, it seems like all you've been doing is advertising Float-Ease. You haven't even tried the others and you are saying that Float-Ease is the best. A strong claim to make for someone that doesn't have all the facts straight.
Corey King
italianmagi90023
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of italianmagi90023
I love the fact that float ease is being promoted as the clear choice of levitations with no demo video and limited feedback from owners. Until a demo video is put up or some extremely credible magicians from the Café acually use this effect...I think it should be put to bed as a topic of discussion. Like the above posts assert, Float-ease is being plugged through the demos of other levitations....If the creator is soooo confident of his product, put it out there...let us be the judges....put the video where your mouth is....Is this a challenge to actually show us what is being marketed....YES!

Mike
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:
On 2004-06-05 13:01, Corey K wrote:
Chris, it seems like all you've been doing is advertising Float-Ease. You haven't even tried the others and you are saying that Float-Ease is the best. A strong claim to make for someone that doesn't have all the facts straight.

YEP ,

Took the words right out of my mouth.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Gerard is not afraid to put a video up. He has not got the means to. I am going to receive it shortly and will try to put a video up myself.

But the only way I can do it is with my web cam. So don't expect a super quality demo. This is until it is actually released and perhaps a better demo will be supplied then.

I will also put a thorough review.

So, stay tuned!!!! Coming Soon!!!
Yours,

Ivan
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Gerard (Chris) and niva,
I have an idea that will settle if Float Ease is the best floating effect.

Just do what Ray did with his OTA. Send Mr.Corey King, "Float Ease" and have him compare it side by side with "The Elevator", "On Thin Air", and his very own "King Rising".

He has all three effects and is one of the persons on the Café that the members will listen to and believe!

Just as Ray did with OTA, send Corey a FREE "Float Ease" for the purpose of finding out the turth and writing a review.

This is called. "Trial by Fire". Sink or Swim! If you can't lead get out of the way! Anyway you get the point....

Well? If you want to be a big dog you have to have more then a bark.

I guess it's shut up or put up time now. Lay your cards on the table or simple fold.

Emmett
http://www.jugglesandcompany.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
"and is one of the persons on the Café that the members will listen to and believe!"

I don't quite agree with that due to some people's bad experience.

And even though Gerard sends him one, I am afraid people will want to see the demo. I will put a demo that will show you everything from start to finish. No hiding of things. If I HAVE to hide anything, I would say so in the review. I liked video demos of the like of On thin Air and the Elevator.

CU
Yours,

Ivan
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
I like many others look forward to it Niva.
Cheers and good luck.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks. I promise I will do my best even though I am in the middle of my exams.
Yours,

Ivan
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2004-06-05 12:47, Magical Dimensions wrote:
OTA has a smaller surface to balance on then the Elevator. OTA works for me really well. It only needs to be practiced with to get the knack of doing it.

VERY TRUE!

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm not selling Float-ease. I have nothing to do with it. I also push other effects and no one seems to mind.

When you see people floating and can't figure it out, you'll realize they're floating with float-ease!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2004-06-06 12:43, MagicChris wrote:
I'm not selling Float-ease. I have nothing to do with it. I also push other effects and no one seems to mind.

When you see people floating and can't figure it out, you'll realize they're floating with float-ease!!

Ooops! It's 'MagicCarisio' and not 'MagicChris' who is (probably) selling ‘FLOAT EASE'. The nicknames are so similar that one ought to get confused.

Thanks for the clarification MagicChris.

Smile
P.S. One may like to consider 'FLOAT EASE' as well. Niva, we look forward to a demo soon.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Thanks, ustaad. I was wondering why people were asking me for a video. lol.

italianmagi90023
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of italianmagi90023
Niva,

Im looking forward to that video...its too bad that you have to purchase the effect and then review it for someone else. They are going to make money off of your purchase and your review.....I don't know...even if it is as great as the creator says, his lack of initiative and dependence on the generosity of others without repayment may sway me away from a purchase anyway.....Im just not seeing much professionalism in the way this effect is being promoted on the Café overall. I hate to seem as though I am attacking this creator, but I feel that as members of the Café we need to self regulate the quality and professionalism of the business that is conducted here. This should go for Float Ease, and any other effect that is being marketed here. I hope that as a community of magicians sharing ideas and knowledge, we can set some type of unwritten standards that will guide this type of situation in the future. I just fear this turning into a strictly commercial site...filled with product promotions that are far below professional standards.

Mike Grant
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I guess I was looking at it that I bought something that I like and told everyone about it. Same when I review shops or other effects.

Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:

On 2004-06-06 14:00, italianmagi90023 wrote:

"I just fear this turning into a strictly commercial site...filled with product promotions that are far below professional standards"

Like some magic magazines out there Smile Smile

I hope the mods note down your point here.

There are too many magicians coming up with their "own" ideas and promoting their stuff here.

My thought is that there are dealers who invest their money to run this site so these sort of free promotions might make them on the losing side.

Just my thoughts.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
That's a good point about the folks that pay for advertising. They help us have this Café. Steve watches everything, so he's aware of what's going on.

I think we're getting a bit off topic, however.

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
In the end we buy these products from the dealers who sponsor this site.

It's important to note that Gerard said everything he could and was repeating things. This is not officially released yet and the ones ordered now are made by himself.

I remember a very long thread when the Elevator first came out, even before it had been released. People sometimes where fishing for the secret. Gerard has done his job. It's now time to hear some reviews.

PS: I know the Balducci, Zero Gravity, On Thin Air, and the Elevator. So I can give a comparison.
Yours,

Ivan