The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Time after time :: Practice partner? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Anyone in the Brooklyn/Manhattan area that would like a practice partner? I figure we could meet once a week or every two weeks and work on cards, coins and whatever else fits. In terms of sleights, I'm still looking to improve on some of the basics: double lifts, palms, false shuffles. I don't know that we need to be at the same level of proficiency to be of help to one another, as another eye can be a very important thing.

If you're interested, let me know via PM and we can take it from there. Thanks.
Jim Oliver
View Profile
Regular user
Las Cruces, New Mexico
141 Posts

Profile of Jim Oliver
I wish you lived here in New Mexico, it's hard to find anyone in magic to hang out with.

Jim
Ed Marlo rules
Octarine Prince
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Octarine Prince
What you could do is make videos of your practice sessions, and e-mail them/upload to a sharing site so you can critique each other.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
True, but I want the give and take of a real time conversation, and performance with real communication.

Still looking Smile
Red Eyed Coyote
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Red Eyed Coyote
Maybe try like a video chat or skype session...
Behind this mask is an idea, and ideas, Mr. Creedy, are bulletproof.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Still looking . . . Brooklyn or Manhattan, you in the house? Smile
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3039 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
You go stand on the edge of Ellis Island, I'm gonna stand on the western coast of England, and maybe we'll be able to see each other's routines!
Oh wait...Ireland is in the way. Sigh.

Wish I was in New York. I'd absolutely take you up on the offer!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hey diehard and I had a great practice session yesterday! We're going to meet again in two weeks. We showed each other some effects and sleights and got to know each other. We've committed to working on scripts for two effects and he's got me working on faros. While the focus is largely cards, we're also trying to break in a little coin work too. I urge anyone who wants to improve their magic to work with a like-minded person regularly. Thanks Mike!
diehards2080
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, New York
256 Posts

Profile of diehards2080
Quote:
On 2011-04-21 19:06, landmark wrote:
Hey diehard and I had a great practice session yesterday! We're going to meet again in two weeks. We showed each other some effects and sleights and got to know each other. We've committed to working on scripts for two effects and he's got me working on faros. While the focus is largely cards, we're also trying to break in a little coin work too. I urge anyone who wants to improve their magic to work with a like-minded person regularly. Thanks Mike!

The session between me and Landmark went great. A lot better that I expected and I'm happy for that. I learned that I still need work on my nerves when being in front of people which we are going to work on. He is also very very good in performing the effects he does know. I was actually messing up left and right due to my nerves but towards the end started to settle down. Plus he is a quick learner which is impressive since I'm horrible when I have to teach something.

Overall with the great company, hosting, passion and drive to improve our magic, the practice session and our future ones will be positive. Thanks Jack.