The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Time after time :: Guinea Pig (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Is there any real value in trying out the same effect on the same person more than once? I'm not talking about something with a shocking ending, I mean the middle of the road stuff.

Once someone sees something I would think they would be more worried about how you're doing it rather than following along.

If you only have a limited number of close people to use as guinea pigs, should you show them things when you have something down and you want to see how it plays out so you can iron the wrinkles out or wait until you think it's 100% ready to go?

R/
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3836 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I have few limited resources of people for practice. When they run out I do one of two things: I either go to Wal-Mart grill where retired people hang out or to a retirement home and entertain. It gives you practice, the people who are sometimes forgotten get entertained, and if you mess up no one cares, nor will they likely remember or notice. Besides, Iwalk away feeling good.

When I moved from one city to another, I informed some of the retired people who would hang out one a week at the Wal-Mart grill that I was leaving and a couple of them actually wept because we had forged a friendship as well as a practice ground.

Other than this, I just tie my wife in a chair, glue her eyelids open, gag her so she can't scream and make her watch the trick for the 87th time. (just kidding)
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Is that last bit ohw you practice magic, or just havea good time Smile. I think it can be quite useful oracticing a trick to osmeone who has seen you do it before, possibly wrong, and as they know some of what to look out for, if they don't see it you know you've git the trick nailed down pretty well.
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
Maybe get to make more friends is better?
Escape Artist
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Escape Artist
A magic club, or join Toastmasters for presentations