The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Topit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
meroman2000
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of meroman2000
I have known of the Michael Ammar and Carl Cloutier topit but do you guys know anything about the Jay scott Berry Topit? If you do please let me know!
thanx
Jon K.
Keep staring I might do a trick!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24316 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you have a problem overshooting your regular topit, this is the one to get.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Have you seen the cellini topit
koz
Irtaza
View Profile
Elite user
& Basketballer Ontario,Canada
458 Posts

Profile of Irtaza
Check out suspended dimension the sylvester the jester.its a topit in your shirt..
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
If you want to get real ball-sey, try Karroll Fox's version. It uses the shirt tail ! !
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3836 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Where can I find the Karroll Fox's version information?
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
The Page, Ammar, Cloutier, and Berry are variations of the same basic idea. They each preogressively make the "gimmick" more and more goof proof (tough to miss)

There is another type of topit designed by Ramon Galindo that may be worth checking out. Here is a link to a review
http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0402topit.html
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-01-18 10:00, Scott Horn wrote:
There is another type of topit designed by Ramon Galindo that may be worth checking out.

Very interesting !
Actually I did read a very good review in Genii some time back....wondered..and had forgotten in the meantime..

What's said here, sounds absolutely impossible..to do the Topit, with a buttoned up j****t.
Sure it could be done, but I doubt any Topituser ever would do it under fire, even with a flat coin.
Let me give a simple example..

Fred Kaps, when doing the Long Salt Pour wearing a tuxedo, got rid of the gimmick by using the Topit..but...actually he used his free hand to hold it open.. unbuttoned!

A buttoned up j****t ?
I doubt it is practical.

I really would appreciate to hear from practical users of that design, about their experience with it, because the possibilities are limited..
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
James Washer
View Profile
New user
Alabama
95 Posts

Profile of James Washer
Does anyone know if Ramon Galindo will install the topit into your jacket for an extra fee? I took the Ammar Pattern to a taylor once and she did a horrible job.
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
I have seen a video clip of the Galindo Topit in action. It requires a very different motion to load, but it is very deceptive. I wont argue whether this is "better" or "worse," but it is different, and I'm sure very powerful in the right hands (or jacket as the case may be)

Go to the Topit section
http://www.magicbygalindo.com/
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
I've just seen all the 10 videos on his side and IMHO, it was a very disapointing experience..

There is zero deception in any of his vanishes.. Smile

To do this with a buttoned jacket and use the space between to buttons is simply to telltale and almost an exposure Smile

I can't imagine it can be done before any audience in the world that way, unless performing for unlucky blind people..
Sorry, JMHO...
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Magic Blinds
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Magic Blinds
Tim Ellis has an intresting Topit modification.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
In my opinion, these video clips show how focusing on the insignificant details that only a magician would be concerned with (ie: a buttoned coat), can adversely affect the entire effect and deceptiveness of an otherwise powerful tool. Werner makes a good observation - the clips certainly look like exposure, not demonstrations. Sorry to say that is my opinion.