The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Magical Cap Needs Repair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Anybody remember the "Change Cap" effect? It's a black cap that can be used for a change bag. The company stopped producing them a while back. Unlike my avatar, which is admittedly pretty old, I've been wearing the change cap faithfully for years. Just no LIMIT except your imagination to the number of effects you can do with this versatile item. I have been wearing it for a long time. And time, sadly, produces the phenomenon of WEAR and TEAR. My cap is pretty tattered. Oh, the inner working part, the changing mechanism still works perfectly, but the outside looks like it's been through the proverbial mill.

So I Googled hat repairs. Well, they are not into repairing baseball style caps. I guess this is not considered a real hat.

But perhaps I missed something. Does anybody here know of a hattery or whatever that would refurbish a cap?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi daffydoug,

I don't know how the inner mechanism is installed into the hat, but could a seamstress possibly remove the mechanism and simply install it into another baseball cap?

Regards, Steve
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It would be difficult at best.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.