The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Extra pockets / case within a coat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Whilst in blackpool I saw an old guy selling many second hand tricks, effects, accesories, and clothing. I passed up the opportunity to buy a superb piece of kit that would have solved all my problems!

it was an extra bit of cloth that would be sewn into the inside of your jacket. the cloth would have around 20 custom made pockets, ideal for thump tips, thimbles, coins, cards, even a long thin pouch for your wand.

hope I am making sense, but where can I get one of these?
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
You are probably talking about a topit and there are many sources for them.

Michael Ammar has a video and/or a patern for one;

http://www.ammarmagic.com/

Also Ramon Galindo in Austin, TX markets one;

http://www.magicbygalindo.com/

You can just do a search for topit at your favorite dealer's website as well.

Hope that helps
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
Flec,

It's not a topit. It really doesn't have a name. It's a utility device with multiple pockets akin to those canvas "thingy's" that you can buy to hang up behind your bedroom door to store socks, shoes and other assundries. What your looking for is obviously smaller and probably was black cloth.

Your best bet it to draw out what you remember are best you can and then find a seamstress who can make it for you. Your drawing will act like a pattern and this isn't difficult to make.
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Vmendoza knows what I'm on about.

you can get shoe holders you place on the back of your door. same as this, but for cards, and inside a jacket.
Totof
View Profile
New user
Belgium
72 Posts

Profile of Totof
You may also have a look to pocket organizers.
Carl Andrews sells one ("The Pocket-pocket") that fits in a trousers pocket.
Also available, the Klamm pocket organizer.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
After I get my topit sewn in, I plan on adding something like this to my jacket as well. I am glad you brought this up.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn