The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Vests - update (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
john oleson
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of john oleson
C'mon .. after all this time, there has to be a "classy" magician's vest, with some distinct designs and pockets, that with or without coat, allows access to pockets and exchanges that augments a jacket?

No way, with all the talent out there ... street and bar performers, coupled with the top tier trade show dudes that someone out there doesn't have a cool look.

Thx .. johno
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
John, what type of look are you after?
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
john oleson
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of john oleson
Something that is brocade or made out of nice silk .. multiple pockets.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
It has been mentioned on other threads that these folks will custom make a vest out of nearly any material. You might want to check them out.

http://www.buskergear.com/shop/?page_id=3&category=11
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
eddie2m
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of eddie2m
I picked out the material from a Fabric Store, and the
young lady that alters my wifes clothing made me a custom
multi pocketed vest. The important thing is to have the proper
stiff lining in all the pockets. Those decks of cards will sag
the pockets without the lining.
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
Several years ago I had a tailor make me several black vests out of high quality tuxedo material. Four pockets, fully lined.

About six years ago I picked up a Versace vest...subdued bronze pattern, elegant and not remotely loud. Looks great with one of my Oxxford tuxedos.
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Some designers make looser vests that might be very well suited to performing. The Japanese designer Yohji Yamamoto tends to make lots of looser, flowing pieces including vests.

They are not cheap but they are elegant and high quality and would probably be great for magicians.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.