The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Ellusionist Jacket - anyone have one? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rocco Silvertone
View Profile
New user
Tampa Bay Florida
13 Posts

Profile of Rocco Silvertone
Wondering if anyone has purchased one of these yet and if you can comment on it?
http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Gear/El......?cat=135
thanks
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
It's 88 bucks.

why?
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Looks stupid to me.
Bob Clayton
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Bob Clayton
What's that saying about a fool and his money...? Smile
durgy
View Profile
Elite user
Toronto
402 Posts

Profile of durgy
This jacket actually made me laugh...

Maybe my local magic shop will have a sweater sometime, too.
https://www.durgyspade.com
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Man, if I only had that Ellusionist jacket, and an Ellusionist ball cap, and the Ellusionist close-up bag, and one of those Ellusionist ace-of-spades t-shirts, and some Ellusionist dog tags, and maybe even one of those Ellusionist wrist bands, then I could be a REAL street magician just like David Blaine and Cris Angel!!

I would look so cool...
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Lemme run right out and buy one.

Steve
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Wha? Where are the Ellusionist black jeans, Ellusionist boxer shorts, and official Ellusionist Nikes?

My wardrobe is incomplete!
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
Scientists have proven that people who wear these Ellusionist jackets
are warmer than people who don't.

I thought Cool was the thing to be.

-Rd
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
People asked for them, a lot of people asked for them.

Why not? A lot of people really like Ellusionist, and our brand in general. Top quality magic, with a unique style and vision.

I personally have the laptop bag, and I like it quite a lot. Why?

1) I needed a laptop bag.
2) I liked the Ellusionist one better than the ones at Best Buy.
3) I like Ellusionist.

The kicker is I don't just shop at E, and I actually study magic like most of you. Therefore, my decision was a personal choice and no one can make accurate opinions or judgements based on that. Has anyone ever even considered the fact that maybe some people just like Ellusionist, even though they aren't obsessed with them?

It's obvious that many new beginners in magic shop at Ellusionist and start out at E and the E forums. I fail to see how poking fun at them is "teaching" them?

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Tempesta, what's the unigue style and vision?
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Buy an Ellusionist jacket, or any of their attires with their logos on it and provide Ellusionist.Com with free advertisements that could cost thousands of dollars. That's all it is: smart marketing. They get "you" to pay for a mobile advertisement billboard with their logo on it.

Now, if they made jackets with special pockets and hidden compartments I may think of buying one, but I would remove the logo. It's not that I'm against Ellusionist.Com, (although I do have some issues pertaining to some of their dvd's they've put out) I am just not eager to spend my money to advertise for someone else.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
One of the local club heads has one he received as a gift from some of his staff. He says he is asked to see a trick whenever he's out when wearing it. This leads to him handing out a business card and he says he's currently booked 8 shows off leads that started out that way.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
I like E, don't see myself ever wearing one of there jackets. Why? Because I'd rather have the bag, I just think it looks nice, and would get people asking to see magic.

If the Café came out with a T-shirt or jacket or bag or something, I'd think about getting one of them too.

As with everything, it is a matter of choice. Do you want it or do you not want it?

Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Quote:
On 2007-05-26 16:26, serge storms wrote:
One of the local club heads has one he got as a gift from some of his staff that was looking for a unique gift for him. He says he is asked to see a trick anywhere he's at when wearing it. This leads to him handing out a business card and he says to date he's booked 8 shows off leads that started out that way.

Yeah right, don't believe everything you hear
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I find my opinion to be somewhat hypocritical after realizing that I own clothing with logos on them. I guess I might be more concerned with people login on to the website and purchasing a trick I perform just to know how it's done.

I think Brad is a great teacher, and his dvd's are top quality. I'm just very greedy with my magic and don't want anyone to know how I do them, or find out where they can learn them.

I personally don't care for the E-wear, but I'd still love to see them come up with a gimmicked jacket with hidden compartments, pockets, and places for pulls and such. I would have to remove the logo if they were to put one on because I wouldn't want anyone figuring out that the jacket was rigged or gimmicked.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Quote:
On 2007-05-26 12:03, inidyls wrote:
Tempesta, what's the unique style and vision?

Why do you need to ask a question for an opportunity to further communicate your dislike of Ellusionist?
You don't like E, we get it, thank you for the feedback.
Furthermore, I don't see how your question is relevant to the points brought up in my post.

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
First off I do like some of E products so please don't put words in my mouth. Second my point is relevant - how does E have a unique style and vision? Did I ever say they didn't? And I gave my statement were I can't imagine someone getting 8 or more shows by just wearing that jacket.

So if you put something out on the market, you better be prepared for ALL comments
That is lesson 101.
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Quote:
On 2007-05-23 15:19, airship wrote:
Man, if I only had that Ellusionist jacket, and an Ellusionist ball cap, and the Ellusionist close-up bag, and one of those Ellusionist ace-of-spades t-shirts, and some Ellusionist dog tags, and maybe even one of those Ellusionist wrist bands, then I could be a REAL street magician just like David Blaine and Cris Angel!!

I would look so cool...

Don't forget you'll also need a camera crew to be like those guys Smile I might be interested in buying one of those for $88 Smile
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Tempesta,
You’re supposed to be public relations for Ellusionist and you can't answer a simple question by inidyls? Boy am I impressed.

I would never spend another dollar with Ellusionist.
Daniel Faith