The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Where do you buy yours? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I need to buy one or more tuxedos for stage and formal strolling work. I live in a fairly small town and don't have a good selection or price range locally. Where do you recommend I shop online for a tux, where should I NOT shop and do you have any tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Bob
:stuckinbag:
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
The rental shops, also sell them cheap. They track which styles have the highest rental rates and sell off the ones that are low. This does not have any bearing on style or quality/age of the tux that they sell off cheap. It only reflect the frequency of rental on the ones they rent.

My buddy at the tux shop in the mall also set me up with the button extenders to use for IT anchors. Ask for them at the counter.

Also ask about silk hankies. They replace them acording to top rental colors so if you don't mind using red blue or black dye...

Oops sorry I didn't read close enough about buying on the web.

Mike
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Most tux shops have a $200 new tux. Which include jacket, pants and they may even include a vest Smile
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Bob:

I've bought a number of things from etuxdeo.com. An excellent company! Terrific prices too! Very friendly and fast emails - they are very knowledgeable.

Ron Reid
nostromo
View Profile
New user
Pensacola, Fla
79 Posts

Profile of nostromo
If you go to the Abbots' convention in August there will be lots of tuxedos for sale at great prices from an Illinois formalwear retailer that's getting rid of overstock.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ron Reid http://www.etuxdeo.com does not work does anyone have a working Link
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Thke link -- http://etuxedo.com/ --vseems to work just fine.
And the prices look very good.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
yes Peter now it works maybe before it was down for a bit. right now its storming here again. Don,
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
We have a large Tuxedo rental organization here in Northern Ohio, (American Comodore Tuxedo - I think..) and last year, a magician friend who goes there every year asked if I was interested in going....

I got two jacket with tails (One larger than the other for building in pockets), one pair trousers, a pair of tux shoes, a couple of sets of button covers and cufflinks, several cumberbunds, two taseful, but flashy vests, a bunch of ties, and went out the door at around $80 total.

Next year I will be a little more selective and get a dinner jacket and additional trousers.

Hard to beat the prices at their annual sale.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
I know the original question was concerning internet sources, but don't overlook your local Goodwill store.

I too live in a small town, but last year checked out the local Goodwill store and purchased a high quality tux jacket and pants (that fit me perfectly) for $10.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I couldn't be more pleased with that purchase!!

Bill Beach
King Of Pop
View Profile
Veteran user
Estonia
392 Posts

Profile of King Of Pop
Why tux? I wear stuff designed by gucci. It`s in and you look really great.

Even better visit stylists, they tell you what to wear.

don't think that I am like a girl who is interested in fashion. No I am not- I am magician! And so: I have to perform on stage on streets, have to be in front of public all the time, so I have to look nice Smile
God Bless You, I Love You From The Bottom Of My Heart