The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Festival attire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mergardmagic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of mergardmagic
First off, sorry if there is other posts like this.

I am performing (my first real gig) at a school festival. I live in Australia, and right now it's still quite hot, so I was wondering what I should wear, and what would be professional to wear to perform walk-around magic around the school grounds. I was thinking jeans, white shirt and a jacket, but I was wondering what everyone else thought. Thanks.

Sean
kaznzak
View Profile
New user
Australia
60 Posts

Profile of kaznzak
Sean
Don't know where in Australia you are but here in Sydney it's hard to tell what it will be like from one day to the next! Your outfit sounds OK but I would look for something colourful to distinguish you from the other people - something that says "performer" without being to cliched. Maybe a scarf or a hat? A funky waistcoat/vest?
Any way just a thought and good luck with it, most importantly HAVE FUN!!!!
Kaz
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
The industry standard is to dress one step above the guest attire. If the dress is casual, then you would go dress casual. Coat and tie is about the lowest I would go, though there is something to be said for a dress shirt with the colar unbuttoned and the sleves rolled up, with a vest. I wouldn't wear jeans, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you did. Something to be very carefuly considered here is functionality. I don't have any work clothes that I am not fully familiar working in. How many pockets do you have, what do you keep in each pocket. Scripting, using a pocket by pocket checklist isn't a bad idea here.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I wear stuff to draw attention to me and my show..
mergardmagic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of mergardmagic
Great, thanks. Sounds like something bright and colorful is the way to go. Thanks for your help!

Sean
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Tell us what you decide to wear!