The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Attire for production parasols (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
Hi everyone!

I'm formulating a theme act all about parasol and I just want to know what do you think is the best outfit for a parasol act, and does anyone know where can I find a video that teaches some handlings and productions of parasols? I have the fukai video but it only teaches a production and a split production of another parasol, I watched the greatest magic of las vegas (i think that's the title) and I saw a magician ( I forgot his name) he does a parasol act and I think he produced 30+ parasol, including the small ones, he is a japanese magician.

thanks!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Hi there;

To my knowledge there are as of yet no videos on Parasol magic. The magician you saw may have been Shimada. He is famous for his Parasol Act (and Dragon Act.). If you want to see a true master at work, I would recomend tracking down videos of him and watching how he works. He is one of the best.

Magically yours,

Matt
PS: Also Luna Shimada is very good, she is a member here at the Café.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2006-03-12 06:26, cardcaptor wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm formulating a theme act all about parasol and I just want to know what do you think is the best outfit for a parasol act, and does anyone know where can I find a video that teaches some handlings and productions of parasols?

Great to hear you working on this. I produce four 40" oriental parasols from body loads and have always enjoyed similar acts do the same. My current costume I'm wearing in the avatar. It's that color and a frock style/length coat.

If your entire act will focus on parasols, and you can pass for oriental, wearing a Samurai like costume would be great. I'd do so myself but would look foolish with that face.

As for video or material on the subject, I've come across none but was inspired by Shimada's parasol act many years ago. I urge you to get a copy of his act, watch and learn, but remember his act is his and his alone. It should serve to inspire you to develop your own act.

PM me if you have any questions and best to you on putting the act together. We have very few of them around!