The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: The Perfect Magic Jacket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
Scott F. Guinn said
"Rather than having special pockets sewn in, I recommend the Klamm pocket organizer. It has about 15 different mini pockets for coins, knives, TTs, jumbo coins etc, and is easily transferred from coat to coat. It is also very sturdy and very inexpensive. I absolutely love mine!"

Can you give us any links as where to find this product?

Thanks
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Try:

http://www.klamm-magic.com/cgi-bin/web_s......match=on

I've used one of these for over ten years and love it. It's not the be-all, end-all solution for everything, but it's handy. I keep a TT w/ MisMadeBill, half dollar, and my jumbo coin in it for walkaround.

Day to day, I now carry the TT and bill in a Carl Andrews' pants pocket organizer. It's smaller and equally useful.

Steve H
Smile Smile Smile
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
Well here's the plans for my new jacket. Either a Cloutier or Cellini double topit, with my own touches. Slightly expanded sleeve openings(Clark), tight lining in sleeves(Cloutier). Expanded width pockets, A pocket for a wand, openings and passages from some pockets to others, a few extra pockets, pockets inside pockets, specialized pockets for certain props. Also an extra layer of material along the bottom edge for clipping loads. Finally, a layer of stiffener to hide all these darned loads Smile
Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
K-Max
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
49 Posts

Profile of K-Max
I have a long, narrow, deep pocket for my wand sewn right into the lapel. I also like the Cellini Topit and the Bobo coin sleeve mentioned previously.
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
This is as good a place as any to mention that January is typically the time that Tux rental places sell off their rentals and buy new ones to be fresh for the spring.

I can buy a $500. Tails tux jacket for about $50. to $100. (depending on condition) at these sales that was only rented out for a year. They are typically held off premisis (away from the rentals shop)so ask your local place about it.

Even if you don't use a tux in your performance style it's still a deal rather than rent when an unexpected formal occasion comes up.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
jimisolo
View Profile
Regular user
League City, TX
110 Posts

Profile of jimisolo
Well, while we're on the subject - I was wondering if anyone around here has purchased one of those "76 pocket magician waistcoats", that seem to be perpetually sold on eBay. Here's a link if you haven't run across one before.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie......ry=14014

It is usually a little warm to be running around down here in a jacket, but I think one of these might just be the ticket.

I doubt I would even come close to using all of the pockets, but I find the amount, variety, and possibilities intriguing. Smile