The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Ellusionist Jacket - anyone have one? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I don't mind Ellusionist. I've even got a couple of their things.

I was making fun of people who have to have some brand name on their hat, jacket, t-shirt, jeans, shoes, or anything else in order to feel special.

Besides, as big as I am, people should have to pay me to wear their stuff. That's a lot of advertising space there, buster.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Rocco Silvertone
View Profile
New user
Tampa Bay Florida
13 Posts

Profile of Rocco Silvertone
Wow-had no idea this simple question would stir up so much chaos. I simply have a certificate to use and was considering getting my brother in law ( a magician also of course) the jacket as a gift for an upcoming birthday. He has a few Ellusionist items, as well as books, dvds etc from other retailers. Just was checking on quality etc.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4549 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I can see myself wearing the red masters t-shirt, and the dogtag, and wristband (I occasionally wear this, the only E product I wear right now, because I like wristbands). But that's as far as I would go. I'm don't want to be a walking E advertisement like with the ball cap, laptop bag, jackets, beanie, and bleh.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
I wear my wristband from E all the time. I am a big supporter of them, and have bought quite a few things from them, and plan on getting more.

I wouldn't get the jacket, just because I don't wear jackets that much. Also the price is a little high for me...I'm not working really steady right now, so I have to save all my money for books and training material.
However, I could see myself with the laptop bag...but I don't have a laptop. =>

The T-shirts are cool. I will probably get one of them next time I get an effect from them. The beanies are also okay, because they don't say "Ellusionist" anywhere, they just have the E. So the only people who would know what it is, would be people who are magicians and already know about E.

Just my ¢2,
T. G. Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 17:16, airship wrote:
I don't mind Ellusionist. I've even got a couple of their things.

I was making fun of people who have to have some brand name on their hat, jacket, t-shirt, jeans, shoes, or anything else in order to feel special.

Besides, as big as I am, people should have to pay me to wear their stuff. That's a lot of advertising space there, buster.

How much do you charge?
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
LOL! Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
The problem with places like "E" is that it takes the "shop" out of the equation.

Real magic shops are not only where real magicians and even the wannabe's buy their stuff, it is where a lot of them learn their craft and are able to discuss it with other like minded folks.

Internet magic suppliers like "E" or "Penguin" promise everyday people that they too can be a master magician in minutes. They take out the experience, the expertise and the knowledge that a real shop provides.

These places have bred pre-teen age and up "magicians" that know everything. Who's Jay Marshall? Who's Bobby Baxter? Who's David Blaine...oh wait, they KNOW who he is, he's the one they want to be just like.

Ugh, find a real shop...give them your money, be a real magician.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

What you say is true..but what about guys like me, who live 50 miles from the nearest city? It takes me 15 minutes to get to the nearest gas station. And the nearest magic shop, 2 1/2 hours away. Of course I go when I can, but not very much.

Point being, the online stores can be helpful to magicians who do not have a shop near by. Of course going to a shop is better, but what can you do? Move just to be closer to the magic shop? Most people would not do that...

Anyway, this thread has probably run it's course, as it is no longer about the jacket in question, it is about buying from online stores, instead of going to a "real" shop.

T.G. Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I don't have a problem buying on-line from a website that belongs to a physical store. They have a phone, you can call and speak to a person that knows what they are talking about.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

You can call E as well...I believe their number is on the "contact us" page. And most (everyone I've talked to anyway) of the people working there know what they are talking about.

Danton
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 10:27, inidyls wrote:
First off I do like some of E products so please don't put words in my mouth.
second my point is relevant - how does E have an unigue style and vision? Did I ever say they didn't? And I gave my statement were I can't imagine someone getting 8 or more shows by just wearing that jacket.
So if you put something out on the market, you better be prepared for ALL comments
That is lesson 101

I percieved your comments as mildly insulting, which if I am wrong in that assumption, I apologize. Simply a miscommunication.

Also, I am prepared for all comments, but like I said, I percieved the comments as nothing more than sucker shots to try and turn a thread into another "I hate Ellusionist because..." threads. If that's wrong, my fault. I'm sorry.

Now, Ellusionist has a unique style and vision regarding how they offer magic to magicians. Ellusionist has put quality service and products at the top of their list. Nothing gets more attention than the customer's satisfaction, and we satisfy as many people as we can by using maximum efforts to offer the best possible quality of service and goods that we can, whether it be cutting edge visual production, or friendly customer service representatives more than willing to answer any questions you have.

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 15:50, Daniel Faith wrote:
Tempesta,
Your suppose to be public relations for Ellusionist and you can't answer a simple question by inidyls?
Boy am I impressed.
I would never spend another dollar with Ellusionist.

I didn't answer it because I didn't know the answer. It's not a case of I "can't" answer the question, but that I didn't, or chose not too due to a possible misperception.

I've also remained entirely respectful in my approach, please don't bring sarcasm to the discussion.

I'm sorry that my presence and approach to someone else's situation has left you with a bad impression of what Ellusionist is all about. If there's anything I can do to correct that, please let me know.

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

And, E as the BEST shipping department I think I have ever dealt with. If you order something super saver (5-10 business days), it will almost always be there on the 5th day. I have actually gotten orders via super saver in 3 days. Amazing....

If E came out with a less pricey jacket, perhaps with only the E symbol (the E with the leaves around it) on the back, I would get one. This one, I probable will never get, because there are so many effects I would like to get..as well as many other props and items I need for a show.

T.G. Danton
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
As with Sports Club wear, I'll buy an Ellusionist jacket the moment I see Brad Christiansen wearing a "BILL" jacket!
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
I won a ghost t-shirt in one of their review contests, along with some dog tags, I gave the dog tags away as a gift, and I still wear the t-shirts. I don't mind their products, they're good for two things! Smile

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.