The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Magician in need of vest/coat recommendations! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Bob James Magic Shop had a vest with a bunch of pockets in it. Not sure if its still around though....
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
JeffMac
View Profile
Veteran user
Sudbury, ont
350 Posts

Profile of JeffMac
Guayabera's are great for the summer. Short Sleaves and still plenty of pockets. Not far off from the bowling style shirts your wearin pepka.
http://www.mycubanstore.com/ or just do a search
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Quote:
On 2007-05-23 22:34, pepka wrote:
If you want to look the part, you have to ditch the Scott E Vest. A nice blazer can look good with a pair of black slacks, or sometimes even jeans depending on the establishment you work at. One of my venues is classy, the other very casual. Now that we're in warmer weather, I don't usually wear a jacket. Instead, I opt for a "lounge" type shirt. Think old style bowling shirt. I get mine from http://www.daddyos.com If you want to start performing professionally, you may want to reconsider your material. There should really be no reason to have a vest with 29 pockets to carry your props. I perform 4 nights a week, 3-4 hours a night, usually without a jacket. I carry one deck of cards, a change purse, 2 sharpies, and a thumbtip loaded for a bill switch. I keep a case behind the bar loaded with extra decks and maybe one or two KILLERS like Unshuffled or something else for VIPs. There really shouldn't be a need for 29 pockets loaded with stuff.

Dude, thanks for the link to daddyos....... tj
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Shawn I'll pm you with a #. The company is in your hometown. My last topit from them was $40. they'll do or make anything you want.
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
They are way better than the one in Vegas , they charge $140 on up
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Quote:
On 2007-05-21 15:09, Frank Starsini wrote:
If you're not being paid and just performing for people you know, where whatever you want. If you're being paid to perform you should not be wearing jeans.

I don't always wear a jacket depending on the gig but the rule of thumb stated her a million times is to dress one step better than the people you will be performing for.

If you're performing at a company picnic, a suit might seem a bit out of place.

If you're performing at a country club event, a suit might be just right.

Jeans may be perfectly acceptable. Costuming is dictated by your character, and if your character wears jeans, that is what you should wear.
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
DAVE_ATLAS
View Profile
New user
Morganville, NJ
32 Posts

Profile of DAVE_ATLAS
Personally, I get most of my costumes at http://www.internationalmale.com . They have some interesting things on there.

--Dave
Magic Mike Japan
View Profile
New user
Yokosuka, Japan (U.S. Mailing Address)
98 Posts

Profile of Magic Mike Japan
I use a colorful, kid-friendly, cotton vest from Daytona Magic. Cotton, light, kids love it!
"There's no limit to what one man can accomplish, as long as he's willing to let someone else have the credit." (These words were inscribed on a small brass plaque which sat on President Ronald Reagan's desk in the White House during his second term.)
<BR><BR
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
344 Posts

Profile of dlachance
Thanks for the link to INternational male....they do have some kewl stuff
-Dorian LaChance