The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Just go naked (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Autumn
Now you have got the clergy involved, I'm so imbarrassed. Don't worry father my wife would never allow me to undress in public. When I was a kid it was fear on nuns that kept me on the straight and narrow, now it is fear of my skinny little 4' 11", 90 lb wife. Yes I'm so hairy she makes me undress in the dark. Also when I was a kid I was scared to death of the priest giving me the look that only a priest could give.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Father Photius, I went blind, too.

Al, Al, Al... Next you will be blaming me for all the evils of humankind. Al, I swear to you, I only ate ONE apple and took that big ol' snake home as a PET... And NOW this big voice tells me I have to wear a fig leaf! What IS this world coming to?
;)
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Autumn
You are right after 40 years of being married I am absolutely convinced everything is my fault. It's time for me to go make the kiddies laugh now. by by
Al Angello
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I weight 360 lbs. If I performed naked, I could claim to have vanished the Empire State Building, because the entire audience would have been struck blind.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Well, that's one way...
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
There was a heavily blacked-out segment on a UK family magic show on TV a few years ago, simply to show that there was nowhere for that vanishing coin to go. I thought it was a bit of overkill, not to mention a little tasteless.
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
I supose to a point, I might be comfortable with that, but I better be careful with my flash paper Smile

I can't recall the guy's name off the top of my head, but I once saw a guy at a show do a dove routine and he stripped nekkid as he went along. It was presented as what happens when he leaves the stage and goes backstage to get ready to go home. Quite amusing, and well presented, but you just forget the guy was getting nekkid.

And I too have seen Ursala, and no, she wasn't good enogh to make me forget she was getting nekkid etiher Smile
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
This all reminds me of the question:

How can you spot a blind man in a nudist colony?

It's not hard...
"But there isn't a door"
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I guess no one here saw my performance in the British Magical Championships competition in 1996..... and if I say so myself I was quite .... well ....dare I say .... outstanding. Smile

Unfortunately there seems to be no video record of it (although I did meet a magician who claimed otherwise!) but it was without doubt my finest hour in magic. (And what's more it got me my own TV show pilot too!)

Neal Smile
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2007-06-02 17:15, Tom Fenton wrote:
This all reminds me of the question:

How can you spot a blind man in a nudist colony?

It's not hard...

Hmmm... So, Professor's Nightmare with only two ropes, but which two?????
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
Quote:
On 2007-04-30 13:37, airship wrote:
I weight 360 lbs. If I performed naked, I could claim to have vanished the Empire State Building, because the entire audience would have been struck blind.

Ditto . . . I could become famous for the "Blood From The Audience's Eyes" trick!
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
271 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
I don't think this was supposed to be about our body images or how comfortable we are with nudity - or own or others. Nor about what tricks we could or couldn't do naked. I thought the question, if you could actually do our show naked, would "you be a good enough showman to make people forget that you are naked?"

Tarbell said that we should be good enough speakers that we could entertain people without doing magic, just by talking. And that is important. A lot of what magicians say (well, not me, but others) detracts from their performances, either because it isn't very well written (if it's written at all) or not very well delivered.

Another question would be, is your magic good enough that you could entertain without talking?

I think the intend here is similar. Just how strong is your show (magic, talking, music, etc. - the whole ball of wax)? Is the show so good that people would get so involved in your tricks, your stories, your patter, the background music, whatever else you do, that they would actually forget that you were naked?

And I don't think while answering this question that we should be worrying about whether we could actually do our shows naked. For many (I suspect most) of us the answer would be "no." But assume for the moment that you can do "real" magic. For example, if you normally vanish a handkerchief by pushing it into your fist, assume that you could do the same thing while naked.

Thom

Just how strong is your show?
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Google Ursula Martinez I would post a link but not sure I should. I couldn't watch the whole video! Knowing what was coming.
Jeremy Gates
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
But look at what can be done with no more than $8.00 worth of equipment.
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Quote:
On 2007-04-17 15:00, Big Daddy Cool wrote:
Seriously. With nothing to hide behind, will you be a good enough showman to make people forget that you are naked?

Of course, it would also force you to evalute how and where to carry props - ah hah!

And, if you pull it off, I promise you will never fear another challenge!

If not you don't need the skill because your naked body would be enough misdirection either that or so good they won't even watch at all.
Jeremy Gates
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Ursula Martinez has been posted here many times, and just between you and me I think she used a thumb tip.
mstgracy
View Profile
Regular user
United States
139 Posts

Profile of mstgracy
I love the thought of performing nude nowhere to hide deffinatly have to watch your venue with this but a nudist community might hire a magician to perform I'd be down for that. It really challenges you to think of new method.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I could. Really.

Now, whether I would, is another topic altogether...

Maybe for a Million bucks... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2010-08-27 22:11, Al Angello wrote:
Ursula Martinez has been posted here many times, and just between you and me I think she used a thumb tip.

Oh, my, I am laughing so hard I can't type!!!

Used a thumb tip to do what, Al??????
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"