The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Ask me for Clothing/Fashion Advice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
I happen to very much like tight denim or razor-slim trousers, though I agree that it is worn poorly by most people on that street. One must have the proper figure for this, and wearing fitted women's clothing is never a good idea, since even the slimmest man has a different hip structure then a woman. Slim denim also needs to be paired with equally slim or sleek clothing. Bulky skateboard shoes, as is often seen on teenagers, look pretty bad paired with skintight.

I think this look can be done well as long as you stick to men's brands. Personally I like (and wear) tight jeans by the Swedish brand Acne, and the 19 cm cut Dior Homme denim designed by Hedi Slimane (which was based on the New Cure cut from the French brand A.P.C.) As usual H&M offers a good affordable alternative.

If you click a couple posts back I have a picture of myself in skinny jeans, hopefully being worn well, but you can make up your own mind.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Okay, so how about boys (or men) wearing their jeans down so low you can see a large portion of their underwear. Please tell me this is a fashion no, no. I think read somewhere that it is illegal in some towns.

Interestingly enough, I have no problem with a women's "whale tail." Smile
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Hah, I am no fan of men's visible underwear and would caution highly against this. However it looks almost as silly to wear one's jeans up to one's belly button as is often seen as well. The rise on jeans is all about finding a happy medium.

Admittedly the rise I wear is bit lower then traditional denim, but I wear shirts and sweaters with a bit more length then average, so it balances out.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
In the interest of getting paid to do BOTH my hobbies (fashion and magic) I am now going to balance my performance career with some work at Barney's in DC. It is a wonderful upscale retailer, mixing the adventurous spirit of the independent boutique with the solid backing of an established name.

http://www.barneys.com

Anyone in the DC area needing fashion advice or fashion items, please get in touch!
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Bump.

I'm back, snowed in and ready to dispense some answers.
danielguo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of danielguo
Hi,Natanel

I'm 22 years old and I 'm really stuck on my cloth..i mean I don't know what kind of clothes fit me . I'm perform with full energy and with laughter. so usually I would like to wear a black shrit with balck jacket and balck pants..

but I hate it . it makes me pure black and I like colours.. but I just don't know waht kind of clothes will make me stand out with normal clients but not stand out too much. so can you give me some advice about clothing?? I really need this kind of information.

Oh and there is a quite luxury bar I wish to working in but I never meet the boss yet. so can you give me some advice about taht? the bar is quite big with pool in the middle and a private room(big one) so here is my sitution..

Thank you!!

Daniel.G
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Daniel I'd love to help you but I'm afraid your question is really general. Maybe take a look through my previous responses and see if anything can help you? I'd also recommend you look at some fashion magazines for things that stand out to you.

I assume youre working on a budget, which stores like Topman, Uniqlo and H&M can be good for. A big fashion rule for me is get inexpensive or very nice, expensive things that will last you. Items in the middle tend not to be worth it.

For gigs that I would consider a "luxury bar" (I actually hopefully have a good one coming up myself) I intend to wear a tailored black jacket from Paul Smith with a white button down and a white pocket square. I'm going to pair it with some slim vintage grey trousers and a pair of suede penny loafers, sockless as it summer. I'm going to wear the shirt without a tie and the top two buttons undone.

It's a simple outfit, but it's very slim and the footwear will probably keep me looking like an average patron.
PenEnpitsu
View Profile
New user
Southern California
36 Posts

Profile of PenEnpitsu
Quote:
On 2010-04-26 14:26, danielguo wrote:
Hi,Natanel

I'm 22 years old and I 'm really stuck on my cloth..i mean I don't know what kind of clothes fit me . I'm perform with full energy and with laughter. so usually I would like to wear a black shrit with balck jacket and balck pants..

but I hate it . it makes me pure black and I like colours.. but I just don't know waht kind of clothes will make me stand out with normal clients but not stand out too much. so can you give me some advice about clothing?? I really need this kind of information.

Oh and there is a quite luxury bar I wish to working in but I never meet the boss yet. so can you give me some advice about taht? the bar is quite big with pool in the middle and a private room(big one) so here is my sitution..

Thank you!!

Daniel.G

I just wanted to add onto whatever Nate was saying. If you like colors, try to stick to no more than three at a time. Any more than that and you'll be color clashing. I usually go for Black/White/Silver, but that's just my personality.
eddie2m
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of eddie2m
When working without a jacket, take a black dress shirt to
an embroidery store @ have card indices, etc. put onto the
front or back of the shirt! Just don't over due it, so it looks
classy, not cheap!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
When working without a jacket please wear a vest.

Turkeys that wear clothes that have cards, and dice on them are generally laughed at by society, and give ALL magicians a bad name.

My advise is to PLEASE dress as if you are worth the kind of money that you make.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Some good advice from Al as usual.

So I've actually started my own website to talk about fashion. IF you are interested in learning more about fashion and culture, especially nice modern and high end stuff, please take a look : http://www.styleguise.com

Accounts are completely free! Smile
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Natanel
I look forward to meeting you this Saturday. I will be wearing a black bowling shirt with a blinking neon ace of spades on the back. LOL
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
^ Hmm not so sure I can swing the trip what with being a starving artist and all. Of course I screwed up the URL for my own site: it is actually http://www.styleguise.net