The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The words we use :: Need Presentation Ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dsleasman
View Profile
New user
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
23 Posts

Profile of dsleasman
I have an effect I was experimenting with but can not come up with a good presentation for it. The effect is called Thought of Cards Across Plus by Gary Jones (It is in the December 2016 edition of Penguin Magic Monthly), but I feel that with a lot of these things such as Cards Across and Strange Travelers are very challenging to have a theme or present with. Any ideas would help, and thanks for sharing!
"If you want something from an audience, you give blood to their fantasies. It's the ultimate hustle." -Marlon Brando
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
Ask yourself why would something travel from one location to another and you might just stumble on the premise for the trick.

I have answered a similar question of this type before here with a different trick so I will give the link and you can adapt the advice I gave accordingly:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=106

For illustration purposes let say your demonstrating a new leap in futuristic travel which is only in it's infancy in terms of development but developed enough to demonstrate on a small scale using playing cards.

Magically

Aus
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
Thoughts travel?
emotions can travel from one to another
a bad mood can spread unseen....and a good attitude can change others
ideas travel
a good idea going from one to another

what about "the present self" "the past self" and the "future self"
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, Aus wrote:
For illustration purposes let say your demonstrating a new leap in futuristic travel which is only in it's infancy in terms of development but developed enough to demonstrate on a small scale using playing cards.

This is a pretty good idea. Kind of like a protype experiment with cards. I'll try incorporating it into a trick Smile