The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The words we use :: Chop Cup Patter? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Wizard291
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Wizard291
Dear All -

I bought a mini-chop cup a while back and fiddled with it, but then unfortunately having racked my brains couldn't come up with a strong enough routine to really use it. I haven't bought much reading material on the chop cup, but I have recently discovered that a champagne cork fits perfectly as a final load, and would work really well.

With this in mind, who has winning ideas/patter/stories that they use for their chop cup? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Instead of balls, used plastic grapes (one gimmicked and one not) and the cork as the final load.
That should suggest many patter stories:
The discovery of Champagne (by the blind monk Dom Perignon: "I am drinking stars", he is supposed to have said on first tasting it.)
Vineyard stories.
Bartender stories.
French bistro stories.
You can find stories on most of this stuff on the Internet by using a major search engine like Google.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I don't know what size mini cup you have, but mine holds a golf ball. At the end of your grape and cork routine, you might say, "some people think that I somehow compress this cork in order to hide it in the cup. I do compress it, but only to make room for this" present the golf ball.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
There are loads (pun intended) for the chop cup but the mention of grapes made me wonder if you could use the cup as part of another routine.
Three grapes, two in the hand and one in the pocket. The grapes jumping between hand, pocket and cup.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Get one to appear between your teeth at some point, and you could load in the Eiffel Tower.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
nice idea josh Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson