The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The words we use :: Color Monte Patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
Everyone is welcome to use it any way they like. Just don't publish it. ;-)

Sorry Whit, you're a day too late. But howsabout I give you a nice discount on my forthcoming e-book, "The Totally Original Creations of Marko"? (Don't worry, I credited you, so that makes it OK Smile )
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
>snip<...I apply "press-type" lettering that says "$280," and then spray the face of the card with artist's spray fixative--available in art supply shops. This makes the lettering permannent, and gives the card a finish that looks normal...>snip<

Exactly fixing the problem that could have been avoided with my Bicycle Color Monte. The blue diamond smudged off and became very light blue (no silvery surface left). The other two eventually wore away, but my original set looks new. It's something like a Hoyle back, in bridge size.

That Bicycle set was my favorite, as I don't want these "old" ones to wear out. Hence the "Whit" idea of making up the one stated above. Now I can put these away again, and "kick it up a notch," so to speak. Does add a touch of class, as well.

Ever grateful,

Doug