The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Staging (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Psp2yayd
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Psp2yayd
I would like to ask something, what if(even after much practice) I accidentally got busted right on stage, right in front of everyone's eyes and I don't know what to do next?Any comments?
"When you gain something, you lose something. Just like when you lose something, you gain something." --By Me
Kardenni
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando Florida
116 Posts

Profile of Kardenni
Busted Doing What? Some times you can just play it off and half the people wount even know. Come up with an out or funny gag line.

Smile
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
If you don't tell them what you are doing its a 70% chance of them not catching the screw up. So never and I mean NEVER tell a tricks effect before hand unless you are absolutely sure they will not catch the method.

Wikiro Smile
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
paulapaul
View Profile
Regular user
Nevada
173 Posts

Profile of paulapaul
Live performances, as opposed to recorded and edited, leave room for mistakes. In some cases, the magician can go on as though nothing happened. Sometimes not. Keeping a sense of humor intact is helpful at such a time.

pp
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I did a T&R Newspaper effect once. As the restored packet fell open, the pieces fell out of the gimmick and fluttered all over the floor. I just looked at the audience and said, "next time I'm using UNION fleas." I rolled up the paper into a ball and tossed it into the wings. The audience laughed and we moved on. People after the show said it was the best thing I did... Smile
Coram Deo
paulapaul
View Profile
Regular user
Nevada
173 Posts

Profile of paulapaul
A good recovery is a thing of beauty.

pp
***Kev***
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ***Kev***
Yep,
Sure is,
Hopefully I will never screw up my act as I use fakini balls, theyu bouce back to my awaiting hand.
EVERYBODY DANCE NOW Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Stephen Barney
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Stephen Barney
I did my multiplying billiard balls on stage at the Magic Circle the last line of the rhyme goes "well I have only three and if you want more i'll end with a wave one two three and four" as I multiplied to four the moisture got to my fingers and the ball at my little finger fell out as I swept my hand down and caught the ball back between the little and third finger I said "well I have only three and if you want more i'll end with a wave and drop the lot on the floor" it brought the roof down and afterwards several people commented and thought I had droped the ball on purpose, I think the totaly fluke catch reinforced that one but it was good for many laughs afterwards. Smile

Stephen
TheMagician
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of TheMagician
If I were you I WOULD do it on purpose from now on! It's just too good to let go! Smile
-Robert
...The Magician