The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Coin displays (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
How many here do any? If so, which one's?

I can do a decent coin roll, but have a little trouble with some of the other displays. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5938 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
There is this great display called Oops, Can You Get That For Me? Smile Smile Smile

Tom Cutts
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Been there...done that! Smile Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5938 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
How about the sponge ball move performed with feline of choice, "Hey, bring that back here!". Smile
gagareau
View Profile
New user
Germany (Originaly R.I.)
6 Posts

Profile of gagareau
Anyone here doing Manipulations with Jumbo Coins?

Glenn Smile
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
Tom you should see the vanishing and reappearing sponge ball routine our cat does, everytime I leave them on the table, she makes them disappear, and reappear in some really odd places. Under the table, under the bed, and the list keeps on growin. Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
When I was at the Castle, there was a young (about 21) Japanese magician named Shoot. He was not on the bill, but my friends John Lovick, Vic Brisbin (who speaks fluent Japanese), Tony Picasso along with a couple of others convinced him to do a set downstairs for us. He had some really good stuff, including a routine where he produced and vanished a jumbo coin several times and ended up producing four jumbo coins! It was outstanding.

His card work wasn't bad at all, but his coin stuff was stellar.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
gagareau
View Profile
New user
Germany (Originaly R.I.)
6 Posts

Profile of gagareau
Hi Greatscott,

Thanks for the reply- sounds like some of the material I've been sweating over for the past 2 years. do you happen to have a web site for this guy- Shoot?

Glenn
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I don’t think he has a website. He’s a student of Yanagida. You might try a search under Japanese magicians. Other than that, sorry, I can’t help you. I only met the guy the one time for a couple of hours at The Castle.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
gagareau
View Profile
New user
Germany (Originaly R.I.)
6 Posts

Profile of gagareau
thanks anyway Greatscott,

I’ve been working on Jumbo coins for the last 2 years and since there isn’t a whole lot written down on the subject I have had to come up with my own handling for them. Really good in a way because it forces me to be original. I’m thinking on publishing the end results. Should be a decent size book when it’s done.

Glenn
magichadley
View Profile
New user
Dayton OH
38 Posts

Profile of magichadley
I like coins a lot, I can usualy pull off a good French drop, coin eclipse, and finger palm vanish. I like the size of a half dollar, it palms very well. I love to see a good coins across routine.

Later Guys & Gals

Hadley

Smile Smile excuse my spelling is there a spell checker on this thing, not my best subject.... Smile Smile Smile Smile

Tim the Magic Man Hadley
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile Hi magichadley

Yes, we have a spellchecker, I would be her or it, don’t worry about your spelling, just do the best you can and we’ll take care of it. Smile

Mya Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile

Tom, we don’t have a cat who plays with sponge balls, but, our cat does play fetch with Steve’s rope Smile she brings it back, sets it at your feet and then wants you to throw it again, (I guess that is the definition of fetch huh! Smile ) Anyway, maybe we could put them in a show, yours could do the sponge ball routine, ours could do the rope trick and Ians could vanish?

What say you?

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Mya Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5938 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Sounds like the cat's pajamas.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
The new Michael Rubenstein videos "knock out coin magic" has some jumbo coin routines.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5938 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
That's not funny. Smile
magichadley
View Profile
New user
Dayton OH
38 Posts

Profile of magichadley
I have 2 cats and a dog that can roll over.

Smile Smile
AceOfCards
View Profile
New user
Richmond, Ca
10 Posts

Profile of AceOfCards
I started doing coin displays awhile ago, and can do five and six coin rollouts in my left hand. The funny thing is, I am right handed, and can only do five sometimes. I think the five coin rollout is the hardest, but once you get that, the sixth coin falls right into place. The first thing is to get the four coin rollout down. All the coin displays I learned are from the McBride tapes. I am a manipulator so I learn from him.
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
In the days when I was working a stage manipulation act I used to do an eight jumbo coin production - kind of like a roll down. If you’ve seen the Jeff McBride coin, thimbles and balls videos then you’ll know the style that I mean. It wasn’t until the last couple of performances that I used the eight coins - I didn’t have the guts so just used four.

I’m going to have to get the coins out again soon - I haven’t worked the move for at least a year, so I would probably need to get the old muscles working again! Smile

--Andi
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1981 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Gary kurtz’s Let’s Get Flurious video will teach you all you need to know about the jumbo coin.

Aso, try Vernon’s Book of Magic for a real nice Coin Star production.

Very professional looking!!