The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: tall card castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
charlatan
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of charlatan
I am looking for a store which sells tall card castles. Specifically, I want a castle similar to the one Peter Marvey used in World's Greatest Magic. Something taller than 2 feet would be nice. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
As for Peter Marvey,

I believe that the idea that he used is custom made.

His card castle is far larger than those sold on the market right now.

Symmatrix Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
It's true, the tall castle is custom made. You can get shorter castles from any magic dealer. I use one at the end of my card routine, and it always gets a positive response.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Buy a small one and use it as a blue print. After you learn the workings of the small one it is very easy to make a larger one. The only problem is it can be very expensive.

Lee
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
charlatan,

Peter Marvey's effects are patented.
This is your opportunity to create your own.Smile
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Well said, Randy.

Symmatrix Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
charlatan
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of charlatan
I am not necessarily looking exactly for Peter Marvey's card castle. I just want something taller than two feet.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Owen's Magic Supreme can make you one that's about 5 feet tall. It's in their catalog.

Steven
Coram Deo
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
I have never tried to make a card castle, but surely it can't be hard. Even if you have to buy a couple of hundred playing cards, it's only the price of a couple of packet tricks.
Build your own!
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Buy some really cheap decks, use some tape, have a base and away you go-- the rest is easy!

Tom Smile
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
I just found one on ebay that is over 4 feet tall with all JUMBO bicycle cards. Over 100 cards go into this thing, it's awesome. Keep an eye on ebay for them, they pop up once in a while.

Keith Smile
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1387 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I always thought the card castle productions looked cheezy. Its painfully obvious to anyone watching that A). its not free standing and B) its springloaded.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
They've never looked convincing to me either. When I saw Marvey finish his act with it, you could see the cards dangling around after he whipped away the cloth. The audience will clap, because the suprise appearance of a card castle is a pleasant sight, but I highly doubt they're fooled by it.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
I think we get caught up in everything being "magical". Sometimes it's nice just to catch people off guard with a surprise finish. I don't think a card castle is a "how'd he do that" type of prop. It still can be very entertaining, which is what we are doing right?

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com