The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Dancing Cane OR Jeff McBride's Classics Of Magic Volume Three (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
bku
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of bku
Hello Magicians,

I just received the dancing cane (it's really fun) and I came across a few DVDs while researching about the dancing cane routines. 2 DVDs that caught my attention were Dancing Cane 101 and Jeff McBride's Classics Of Magic Volume Three. Are they equally as good or not?

Best,
Ben
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
Dancing Cane 101 is by far the better of the two. Jeff's version would be worth looking at after you performed it for awhile, but the material covered in 101 is the best way to go. I love McBrides performances, and everything he releases, but his coverage of the cane is more of a "you get the knack for this and that" kind of explanation. The Dancing cane is definitely a "knack" item, but as far as learning goes you'll be much happier with the precision magic product. In the end you will own them both.
Aim To Amaze
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
And I have the Dancing Cane 101 DVD if you want to buy, just PM me.
Ken
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The Dancing Cane 101 highlights many techniques you can select for your routines. Lots of choices there.
BenHFarrar
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of BenHFarrar
Dancing Cane 101 is a very good dvd. The moves are a lot more graceful than McBride's and will really help you to routine your own different routine which suits you.

Ben
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
I don't have the the 101 dvd but do own the McBride one. I've used the cane for some time with stuff I've figured out for myself and I can't say I was that impressed by McBride's work with the cane. It didn't look terribly graceful and didn't show you anything you couldn't work out for yourself.
Is the grip McBride uses the standard one? The one I use is different from his and seemed the most natural way to do it. I'd be interested to know what grips other people use.
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
Quote:
On 2007-08-20 10:09, Neal Alexander wrote:
I don't have the the 101 dvd but do own the McBride one. I've used the cane for some time with stuff I've figured out for myself and I can't say I was that impressed by McBride's work with the cane. It didn't look terribly graceful and didn't show you anything you couldn't work out for yourself.
Is the grip McBride uses the standard one? The one I use is different from his and seemed the most natural way to do it. I'd be interested to know what grips other people use.

You learn a few different grips in the 101 DVD, and if I remember right McBride sets it up a little differently than in the 101 DVD.
Aim To Amaze
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Dancing cane 101 has more variation.
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
101 without a doubt!

-Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
valueduser
View Profile
New user
Batavia, ny
77 Posts

Profile of valueduser
I just ordered Dancing Cane 101, the McBride segment really doesn't go in depth on the subject.