The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Back Palm to Palm methods (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ari_R
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Ari_R
I learned how to back palm about a year ago, and I've been using a little bit of it in my routine. Now I'm trying to show my hand empty, but the card is too big for my hand. I've been trying to use Jeff McBride's way but, yet again I've found my hand is too small. Can anyone help> if so, to stop secrets being revealed, pm me!
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Bridge cards mate. Try'em, they work.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Ari_R
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Ari_R
It's not so much the width its the length.... Any other ideas I'll take 'em!

ARI
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Ah, I see your point. It may sound silly, but chop the ends off. The most important thing right now is that you learn the moves. When you get older and your hands get bigger, you'll already have the palms down. From stage it makes little difference anyway. Just shave them as little as you can, while still being able to hide them, cutting it off both ends. That way there's a good deal of the picture and as much of the pips left as possible.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Ari_R
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Ari_R
I was thinking about that and I didn't even see it that way, thanks, I'll do that.

ARI
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
No problem. Just remember, there's no such thing as cheating in magic. I mean it's magic, that's what we do. Smile

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
You could use a Svengali deck also just take the shortened cards
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Dan Farmer
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Nevada
235 Posts

Profile of Dan Farmer
I've got smallish hands (I think) at anyrate I can't just do the pivot and have the card covered but with practice I've learned to just pull it further down. It doesn't matter how far back (towards your wrist) the card goes so as long as you can develop the means to pull it into your fingers you'll be doing alright. I still need to work on getting mine smooth because I still have to wrestle with the card occasionally. However, it can be done. Incidently I'm going to start a thread in "It's not magic but..." or somewhere about hand size Smile Look for it.

-Dan
magicboy1234567
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of magicboy1234567
How do you do the backpalm to palm? I can do a backpalm but not to a normal palm Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
manipulation!!!
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
It takes a lot of practice to do if you want to learn it. Search for books with the pivot in them. Also Jeff McBride covers it briefly in "Card Manipulations Vol. 1".
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
Deucemc
View Profile
Regular user
originally Honolulu, Hawaii
116 Posts

Profile of Deucemc
Does anyone know how to do the finger wiggling like peter marvey did on stage on wgm3? i been working with it but the only thing i come up with is a finger palm and u can only finger palm so many cards and produce them all at once. or he back palms a small stock wiggles his fingers and spreads them and pulls the whole stock back out. any ideas?
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
OH NO......... not this again... search the previous threads.. we have super long discussions on this practically every day... it's a catcher... discussion closed
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Deucemc
View Profile
Regular user
originally Honolulu, Hawaii
116 Posts

Profile of Deucemc
well sorry about that. could someone discuss what the cather acutally does?