The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Strike vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
What is the strike vanish and where can I learn t?
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2002-12-19 22:06, wikiro wrote:
What is the strike vanish and where can I learn t?

It's a vanish by David Williamson where a small object is made to visibly vanish when struck with a pen or wand. The object could also be made to vanish when a hand closes around the object and the closed fist is struck.

I came across it in Michael Ammar's book "Encore II".
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Greg Wilson does an interesting take on the Williamson strike vanish in "Off the Cuff" (Greg's Video). That was my first exposure to it. I use it often.

FC
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Jay Sankey also has a nice take on it. I believe it's on Sankeytized II.
Yakworld.
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
You can learn from the original source in David Williamson's book, "Williamson's Wonders" written by Richard Kaufman. It is a GREAT book.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
There's also a fun little version I do, using my index finger instead of a pen or wand.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
In my stage routine I vanish an egg using the strike vanish and I use a silk as the wand. It looks very pretty. Come on, go and try it! LOL... And if you get a long enough silk the silk glides through your hands after it vanishes. Hope I gave you an idea!
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris