The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Mmany thanks to somebody (I think)... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kallak
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Kallak
For the life of me I can't recall who or when they said this, but someone on the forums here had mentioned to try not doing any card productions for a few days and then come back to it and give it a whirl.

I've been rather busy lately so I hadn't gotten to play with my productions until just in the last hour or so. and Holy smokes! I've never look so polished and clean with my productions.

All of the problems I normally have were virtually non-existant. even the dreaded "I can do X production with left hand but not with right and vice versa with Y" had totally vanished.

I couldn't believe it. I was practicing with a deck with a boarder and I was still hard pressed to see any flashing. In short, it was amazing. the difference between point A and B was pheonominal.

So whoever it was that said it, thanks. I'm not sure quite why or how it worked. but it did something, and it was something I really liked. I feel months ahead of where I had been previously.

Kallak
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Kallak,

What you do with your hands regarding card manipulation is comparable to weightlifters and their body muscles. Many of them go through a rest period according to plan. Upon returning to gym whamo! increased performance and so on.
I put my hands through a series of excercises twice a week until it nearly hurts and then 48 hrs. rest.
As you know, the hand is expected to do the impossible regarding certain card productions. Having undeveloped muscles worked daily makes your performance and life so much fun.

Randy Stewart

Hehe I sure love that dancin' pepper
Smile
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I know that when I get frustrated with a routine, I often give it a rest for a week. Often, the handling problems are eliminated and I have a decent presentation for the effect, when I start working on it again. Apparently, the unconscious mind seems to iron-out the details, when I take a long break from it.