The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Did Fakini ever make 2 and 1/8 inch balls? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1625 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Ordered today from TruSleight and will share 'my take' when they arrive!

BTW- They are now running a special 'INTRO' discount on the 2.25" sets for a limited time!!!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1625 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Well, believe it or not (I can hardly believe my own good fortune!), one very kind Café' member was extraordinarily generous He allowed me to obtain from him, exactly what I needed: 2 and 1/8" white Fakini billiard balls and shells in brand new condition!!

This never would have happened without the Café' and the many wonderful people who share both their knowledge, friendship, and in some special cases... their own personal stash of magical rarities.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Roy Benson's set got smaller as you went towards the little finger. Not enough to notice. Walter Cummings used what seemed large spheres. I think they were 2". I personally doubt you'll find 2 1/8". Ricky Jay always thought you had to use real pool balls. Of course he was wrong. Cardini used large ones. He was actually pretending to be coming home from a gentleman's club where they would have had Billiards. How big is a real pool ball? 2 1/2"? Anyway, good luck. Maybe Fakini will do a custom order for a lot of bucks.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1625 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Gregg-

Thanks for your insights and I always enjoy your posts!
Fortunately, I DID obtain those 2 and 1/8" balls as my post indicates.
Cardini used 2 and 1/8" as reported in several books.
Standard pool balls a re 2 and 1/4"
in the Russian Pyramid game ,the cue ball is 2 and 11/16"!!
Fakini is for all intents and purposes out of business with the passing for Frank Radtke.
visit me @ JNealShow.com