The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Disrespecting Fred Kaps (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Only a fool argues with a fool.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2011-09-30 12:53, Pop Haydn wrote:
They are children. They enjoy getting your goat more than making any kind of point. Why fight with kids who only want to try to upset you?

I like fighting with kids, Whit! I'm generally punching downhill, letting gravity do most of the work.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
This CaraBrimleyRules is an extremely weak minded individual with some deluded sense of self importance.
Even less known as David Kidd

Baltimore, Md. Curator of

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I agree. Like the old saying goes, put your money where your mouth is. I would like to see what this Cara has done that makes her such an expert.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
The world is full of armchair performers who have nothing better to do than criticize those who actually perform.

Finding fault in others is a way to disregard your own. Lao Tzu
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1408 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Despite the ignorant comments, it was very nice to watch an old vid of the master Fred Kaps. His sense of timing was impeccable. You can hear it in the alternating audience laughs and applause! Lynn
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
YouTube comments: Home to the most jealous, hateful, spiteful, insecure, ignorant, homophobic, lazy and racist humans on earth.

I wish that Whit was correct in that they are children, but I have a feeling that sadly, it's not true.

I sometimes give them a "Thumbs Down" click but would never reply to feed the trolls.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
"...de mortis nil nisi bonum..."

I saw and heard Fred perform and lecture (I think it was the '74 SAM in Boston) In the lecture, he destroyed a klutz like this Cara Brimley with three words, and the audience cheered. IMHO, he was a master magician. I saw him on the Sullivan show in the '50s. You can't bad mouth Fred Kaps in front of me.

Jay Marshall was invited by Fred to a performance in Chicago before a Dutch group. Jay called Fred, "Absolutely the world's greatest!" Jay: "He did illusions, he did comedy, he did sleights. It was delightful!" Jay didn't get that ecstatic, easily.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Personally I react like Frank on bad internet comments : I put a thumbs down on their comment and don'tt argue with them. My time is too precious to get lost in arguing with someone who won't hear a word. I prefer to use this time here on The Magic Café to learn things, to share magic and my experience with a community who loves magic and understand it's values.

And yes, it would be great if the people uploading those videos from our past masters would disable the comments. I would even say with every uploaded magic video. This would avoid stupid comments and revelations of "pseudo secrets", since these people often don't have a clue.

To finish : Fred Kaps - R.I.P., you're one of my true Masters of magic ! Respectfully Yours.

Oliver.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I decided to ask a question of, Ms. BrimleyRules, and that is, where she is performing? Can't wait for an answer.

I enjoyed watching the video again and I did not see any "obvious" moves. In fact, I thought it was more enjoyable the third time.
Those that can, do. Those that can't, squat.
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
I just watched the video again and Fred executes it beautifully. His presentation might not be razor sharp like we've all seen Mr. Kaps in his younger days, but hey? It looks like someone is giving Ms. BrimleyRules a whatfor in those comments though.
Even less known as David Kidd

Baltimore, Md. Curator of

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 18:33, lynnef wrote:
Despite the ignorant comments, it was very nice to watch an old vid of the master Fred Kaps. His sense of timing was impeccable. You can hear it in the alternating audience laughs and applause! Lynn

And that's with the disadvantage of performing in front of Beatle fans. And he still killed.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 22:35, KIDDMAGIC wrote:
It looks like someone is giving Ms. BrimleyRules a whatfor in those comments though.

Probably was me. Like Dick said, “You can't bad mouth Fred Kaps in front of me.” That’s the only reason I blew a head gasket. I never had the honor to see him live. But I remember as a child watching him on tv and to me it was pure magic.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
It's the bane of modern technology, where everything is available on youtube, not only to be watched and enjoyed, but to be analyzed and dissected. The reality is they spend all of their time trying to figure out what OTHERS have done. This means they likely aren't doing ANYTHING THEMSELVES.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey Kent! BEAUTIFULLY SAID~ ("...THEY LIKELYI AREN'T DOING ANYTHING THEMSELVES."
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 20:08, spartacus wrote:
I decided to ask a question of, Ms. BrimleyRules, and that is, where she is performing? Can't wait for an answer.

I enjoyed watching the video again and I did not see any "obvious" moves. In fact, I thought it was more enjoyable the third time.

We must have had the same mother!
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
What gets me is that these trolls criticize the moves as if they expect them to do real magic. They make comments that things are palmed or they are using certain gimmicks. Yeah... how do they expect it to work?

I think the problem is that the Criss Angel crowd think that was he does is real and shun those that use subterfuges to accomplish the same thing. I use to get angry when I worked at a magic shop and laypeople would ask me if he is the real deal. I would look at them with the idiots grin and ask what they meant, "You know... is he real?"

"Yes," I would say, "He is a real person," with tongue planted firmly in cheek.
ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
I'm more and more coming to the conclusion that al gore should never had invented the internet.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Quote:
On 2013-04-05 12:27, Dick Oslund wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 20:08, spartacus wrote:

We must have had the same mother!

Then where is my part of the inheritance? Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
SCROO the critical fools. Just a side note. When Kaps was on the Sullivan Show that featured the Beatles, he was not there live. His segment was taped separately and added to the show.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com